• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SBR Question

Agreed
20180112_152743.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Even with a can it's still loud, even with sub-sonic blackout it's loud

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Loud, but not "Huh? I can't hear you over the ringing" loud.

Just finished my 8" 300 Blk out build, and was shooting it the other day out of my shed for the indoor effect. No ringing or anything, but it was with Hornady Black 208gr, haven't tried other subs yet.

Serious question, if you legally shoot a home intruder with a suppressed firearm, and remove the suppressor before the police arrive, have you broken any law?
They’re not gonna know. I’d take my can off. It’s like removing a flashlight while I wait for the corpse wagon. No big deal imho

Serious question, if you legally shoot a home intruder with a suppressed firearm, and remove the suppressor before the police arrive, have you broken any law?
Tampering with evidence maybe?
As far as shooting inside I'm not worried about one or two rounds doing more damage than my ears already have taken.
Mag dumps might cause some ringing...

:cool:

She would be committing a felony by possessing a NFA weapon that is not registered to her. It could potentially negate self defense.

Your option is to never let her possess or have access to the weapon or cancel the individual Form 1 and reapply using a trust.

Wow, you're sure it "WOULD" be a felony for a non-NFA person to grab somebody else's registered NFA weapon in the midst of a life-threatening emergency (home invasion robbery in progress for example) and use that tool to repel the attackers? That's not even a question in your mind, but you're sure of it?

Nah, I don't think it's anything like that. Not even close. At best, it's a "could be" based on a totality of circumstances, including how much training she's had on that weapon, whether other guns are her primary designated home defense gun and she just happened to choose her husband's SBR instead even though it's NOT something she considers one of "her" defensive firearms normally, whether any part of the weapon was configured or selected with her in mind, the location of the gun's storage, whose stuff is with it and all around it, etc.

NEXT ISSUE: You say a woman's unauthorized possession of her husband's NFA weapon "could potentially" negate (cancel-out, end, render useless) her self-defense claim.

Why would you say that?

Where in Georgia's laws does it say that you don't have the affirmative defense of self-defense (stopping forcible felonies in progress, defending your castle, etc.) if you use a weapon you're not supposed to have in the first place?

There's a law that says you lose the statutory grant of IMMUNITY from PROSECUTION, but I don't see any law that says you lose the affirmative defenses found in Code sections 16-3-20 through 16-3-24.

Now, I agree that immunity is a good thing to have, and to keep.
I'd rather have an immunity hearing for my client than a felony trial where we have to put up our defense for the jury's consideration.

And, I think a lady who knows how to shoot ought to have a gun that she possesses, either exclusively or jointly with her husband, as a self-defense tool. She should not count on having access to a gun that only her husband possesses to defend herself and the home in his absence.

I agree that the BEST and SAFEST course of action here is, if this SBR is really intended for home defense by any adult in that household, to go the NFA trust route and name all adults in the home as Trustees.

Back
Top Bottom