• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SBR Suppressed Questions

I disagree. This has an anderson lower and the cheapest PSA upper and bcg i could find. The only thing in it thats not standard is the T3 buffer. It runs 100% can off or on.

DD mk18's are notoriously overgassed though

I've never had any reliability issues, however I want less gas for sure!

I've never had any reliability issues, however I want less gas for sure!
The best way would be to replace the barrel with one that has a smaller gas port. Second best would be a good adjustable gas block. Stop the gas at the source. Redirecting it with charging handles, silicon or bcgs is just slapping a bandaid on the problem

Make your own Gas Buster charging handle with HTV Sealant, sold at auto parts supply.
Plenty of youtube vids for that.

This except I just used rtv. I'm not much help because I just did this mod and haven had a chance to try it yet. Something had to be done, lol. I'm running a 300 bo and have so much gas I've got cycling problems, so I also installed a heavier buffer and beefed up extractor spring.

The diy gas buster mod was very simple and logically should make a difference. I'll let you know if I shoot it soon if my eyes are spared the burning.

And I just use a glove to remove the suppressor. It's a knock off mechanix glove and worked perfectly fine after 400 rounds through suppressor.

I disagree. This has an anderson lower and the cheapest PSA upper and bcg i could find. The only thing in it thats not standard is the T3 buffer. It runs 100% can off or on.

DD mk18's are notoriously overgassed though

I'm sure there's the magic gas port size out there that can make it happen... but I've yet to come across it.

No SBR's, but have experience with over gassed guns. Get an adjustable gas block and turn it down until it will barely cycle and lock back on a single round on a DI gun. Make sure to use your normal mags as I found that PMags take a little more gas than steel/alum. I did this with my LR308 that would throw brass 20+ feet unsuppressed and now it will toss it about 4 feet suppressed. Cycles fine with or without suppressor. Gas in face and reduced recoil both were positive effects of this change. My piston AR's all have factory adjustable gas blocks for this reason. Keep us posted.

The best way would be to replace the barrel with one that has a smaller gas port. Second best would be a good adjustable gas block. Stop the gas at the source. Redirecting it with charging handles, silicon or bcgs is just slapping a bandaid on the problem

THIS.

Not counting the cost of the DD MK18, it's a 2 stamp gun with the can so cost plus $400. Don't be a cheap ass where it counts. You're not a broke college kid anymore, you graduated. Have the little missus work some OT and make the correct and suitable adjustments. Do you really want RTV sealant on your charging handle of your DD MK18? Sell me the Teddy Bear Brown tri-grip and you can buy the adjustable gas block and a good portion of the adjustable BCG and you've fixed your issue in an appropriate manner. (Or get the specs of your gas port on the factory barrell and purchase another top quality barrell with a smaller gas port, or more likely a in spec gas port. Tough to get rid of the CHF barrel though)

So I'm sure this question has been asked many a time, however my case is different because its me and I don't want to search for the answer.

I have 2 10.5" 5.56 SBRs, one that i plan on running suppressed a decent amount (MK18) because its my every day rifle. My cans should be back this month (July 11th File Date), and I'll be running a Specwar 762 a lot. I know that I have a lot of back pressure, however I want just a little less gas to the face.

I'm skeptical about a adjustable BCG because I won't always run it suppressed. Piston is out of the question, at least for this SBR. Would a gas busting charging handle really work that well, and what if i want one that is ambi? Am I being too picky at this point?

Also, while on the topic, what do you guys use for removing your hot suppressor from your rifle/pistol? I have an Osprey 45 as well.

You shouldn't need anything for the MK18. I run mine suppressed with zero issues and it's a friggin' awesome rifle! I have the MK18 and that 10.5" Colt that I run the suppressed BC on; both are great. Let me know when you want to meet up and I'll let you try them both out.

You shouldn't need anything for the MK18. I run mine suppressed with zero issues and it's a friggin' awesome rifle! I have the MK18 and that 10.5" Colt that I run the suppressed BC on; both are great. Let me know when you want to meet up and I'll let you try them both out.
Gas blowback is ridiculous though.

Back
Top Bottom