• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SBS QUESTION

Yeah, Bryan at Dobbs Defense can do that for you.

So let me clarify-- you want a double-barreled shotgun with pistol-length barrels of about 5" or so?
And a pistol-grip only?

What kind of load are you going to use in that?

I sawed down a shotgun to just 18.1" one time (down from like 26" or so), trimmed an inch off the butt stock, replaced the soft rubber pad (which sticks to one's shirt and can snag when you try to shoulder it in a hurry) with a hard plastic one, and when I fired it for the first time, I was with a load of 00 BUCK (12 gauge).

It kicked the snot out of me. Knocked my hat off, bent my sunglasses, drove my thumb into my nose... not very nice.

And you want a shotgun that's going to weigh HALF of what mine weighed, and you'll have NO shoulder stock of any kind???

So let me clarify-- you want a double-barreled shotgun with pistol-length barrels of about 5" or so?
And a pistol-grip only?

I sawed down a shotgun to just 18.1" one time (down from like 26" or so), trimmed an inch off the butt stock, replaced the soft rubber pad (which sticks to one's shirt and can snag when you try to shoulder it in a hurry) with a hard plastic one, and when I fired it for the first time, I was with a load of 00 BUCK (12 gauge).

It kicked the snot out of me. Knocked my hat off, bent my sunglasses, drove my thumb into my nose... not very nice.

And you want a shotgun that's going to weigh HALF of what mine weighed, and you'll have NO shoulder stock of any kind???
Man up dude.

I remember reading a story about a gun manufacturer who made a prototype handgun. Huge caliber and titanium frame. The project was shelved when the second person to fire it fractured bones in their hand.

You buying or building?

If you build a short barreled shotgun from a shotgun it will always be a shotgun. 200 on form 1, if you get a pistol grip only model you can build it as an aow but it's still 200 on a form 1. If you buy one that was built by a manufacturer you can get an aow and only pay the 5 bucks to transfer an aow.

I think the shotgun is a shotgun because it was designed to be fired from the shoulder as far as the rules go so below the minimum barrel length and oal it's a sbs. If you build a short shotgun from a pgo version or buy and it was never classified as a shotgun in the first place because it wasn't designed to be fired from the shoulder it doesn't really fit as a shotgun so it's an aow.

I think that's how it works, red dawn is right on the lengths.

I want one of these AOW but havent bothered with nfa since the changes

http://www.serbu.com/super-shorty-aow-shotgun-12-gauge.html
I thought an AOW stamp was $5.00.

And a pistol-grip only?

Yes, that's what I want, but in 10ga if I can find one, and it can be rough a long as it's safe to fire and fairly inexpensive.

Back
Top Bottom