• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

***SCAM ALERT***

jmdawg15

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
Sorry if this is not the correct place for this.

Be careful posting in the Want to Buy ads. I have been looking to replace a stolen gun and posted a WTB ad on here. Someone messaged me on here saying,”contact Gary South in Kentucky at garyhosmer.south@gmail.com. He has one for sale.”

The person was a new member and I couldn’t message them back with questions, so I emailed Gary. I was skeptical, but I fell for the scam. I at least paid via PayPal with protection (not sending to a friend), and they refunded the money. The guy kept saying he would send the gun on Friday, then his wife had a stroke on Friday, so he would send on Monday when she got out of the hospital. I immediately filed a claim with Paypal. He said he would send when I deleted the claim. Per PayPal I did not delete it. They refunded.
I Googled his email after the fact and found that he has been doing this on all kinds of sites across the country.

I posted a new WTB ad and received a new message similar in every way, but a different t person’s name and email.

Be very careful who you send money to. He had a fake FFL also.

giphy.gif

How many times is Gary from Kentucky gonna try screwing people on here.
I've saw basically this same scam alert 3 or 4 times in the last 2 weeks it seems like..........WAKE UP PEOPLE!!
If it sounds too good to be true, guess what, it most likely is

Back
Top Bottom