• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scammed on Ebay

Xcaliber

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
101   0
Reaction score
I bought an item. Seller ships, it gets delivered................. I don't see it, start USPS case. They closed it citing it's NOT my address it was delivered to (so I was NOT the recepient). They can NOT give me the address. I ask the seller what address he used. he never answers. I start an ebay case.............................. they close citing it was delivered. I leave negative feedback, ebay ERASES my feedback. is it that EASY to SCAM people on Ebay!?!?!?!?! There's no support # on ebay, just an endless circle jerk of menus. I found some #s on google but am not sure if they're legit. WTF!?!?!?!?! am I screwed? I paid via PP.

I bought an item. Seller ships, it gets delivered................. I don't see it, start USPS case. They closed it citing it's NOT my address it was delivered to (so I was NOT the recepient). They can NOT give me the address. I ask the seller what address he used. he never answers. I start an ebay case.............................. they close citing it was delivered. I leave negative feedback, ebay ERASES my feedback. is it that EASY to SCAM people on Ebay!?!?!?!?! There's no support # on ebay, just an endless circle jerk of menus. I found some #s on google but am not sure if they're legit. WTF!?!?!?!?! am I screwed? I paid via PP.
Hi:

dont use eBay anymore, buyer claims no delivery, I send eBay the tracking number that shows it was delivered and they still took the money out of my account and gave it back to the buyer who then sent me a "thank you" note. Over $200.

Hi:

dont use eBay anymore, buyer claims no delivery, I send eBay the tracking number that shows it was delivered and they still took the money out of my account and gave it back to the buyer who then sent me a "thank you" note. Over $200.
in my case, the OPPOSITE scenario happened. the seller's got my money and I have no recourse. the seller used an address in the same city, so ebay believes them. and the USPS will not provide the address it was sent to. seller probably just sent a postcard & paid for tracking!!!

Call eBay last time you sign in and ask for a call back. If that don’t work or in tandom start the PayPal case for refund. 3rd is to reverse charges with your credit card.

The buyer is a lot more protected in my experience, I would not worry yet inthink you will get a full refund.

Good luck I know it’s a pain. Most people I know have quit buying and selling on eBay due to all the issues.

if it isn't too late, try initiating a return on ebay for the item being significantly not as advertised. A SNAD is a fairly ironclad way for you to get a refund as the buyer. Sellers have little defense against a SNAD.
how would that work? do I have to provide a tracking #? so I need to send a post card back to the seller, LOL!!!

Back
Top Bottom