• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scammers

Fishcall

Default rank <200 posts Supporter
Tracker
19   0
Reaction score
Has the scamming historically been bad on the ODT? I’m asking because I’ve never encountered any scams until the past couple weeks. I recently posted a WTB ad and I’ve gotten 4 responses, all scammers. It’s usually a pm from someone with 0 feedback saying that they know of someone in a different state with some sketchy gmail account. Anyone else encountering something similar?

Yes...there are many, many posts about it.

Perhaps it's more common in the last few years as the site has grown, but it's not a new thing. Same routine - send me money now and I'll ship the item. Items never arrived for those they proceeded with a deal.

I’m thankful for the ODT’s feedback system. I’m hoping that it doesn’t somehow get infiltrated by scammers.
As long as it stays locally run and overseen by those with an IQ anywhere north of ‘dumbass‘ - much like now- it will still remain viable IMO. :)

Has the scamming historically been bad on the ODT? I’m asking because I’ve never encountered any scams until the past couple weeks. I recently posted a WTB ad and I’ve gotten 4 responses, all scammers. It’s usually a pm from someone with 0 feedback saying that they know of someone in a different state with some sketchy gmail account. Anyone else encountering something similar?
If it was from Gary? He's good to go. He has a friend who has what you seek.

Unlike Armslist lol. I've had way more deals on here than I did on there before they started charging.
I think our tyrants new found love for all things Nazi is going to bring this one down eventually as far as wanting taxes , trade lists, etc.,

always on wtb adds.

Gotten only 1 that I felt was fishy, but it may have been a new member. Regardless it wasn't an offer I was interested in either way so I just said no thanks. I also don't post WTB ads often so maybe that's why

Back
Top Bottom