• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scammers

Has the scamming historically been bad on the ODT? I’m asking because I’ve never encountered any scams until the past couple weeks. I recently posted a WTB ad and I’ve gotten 4 responses, all scammers. It’s usually a pm from someone with 0 feedback saying that they know of someone in a different state with some sketchy gmail account. Anyone else encountering something similar?

If you haven't done so already, please hit the report button on the PM so we can take a look.

I got an email saying I had a private message from an ODT member Frazam23. Frazam informed me that ODT member CraigV had a magazine I had listed on the WTB section. Frazam gave me a Gmail address for CraigV. I clicked the PM and it led to a message saying the PM no longer existed. I searched for ODT member Frazam23 and CraigV. Neither existed so I assume the moderators deleted both profiles. I won't be emailing the Gmail addy which I am sure the bait they want those scammed to bite on. Dirtbag maggots.

I got an email saying I had a private message from an ODT member Frazam23. Frazam informed me that ODT member CraigV had a magazine I had listed on the WTB section. Frazam gave me a Gmail address for CraigV. I clicked the PM and it led to a message saying the PM no longer existed. I searched for ODT member Frazam23 and CraigV. Neither existed so I assume the moderators deleted both profiles. I won't be emailing the Gmail addy which I am sure the bait they want those scammed to but on. Dirtbag maggots.
Smart man.

I have played with a couple of them lately, and the one thing that separate them from honest people is, I asked them for their mailing info so I could send them a US postal money order for the amount. Both of them refused. They tried to get me to send them money thru paypal or other wys, but refused to talk about a money order thru the mail. Wonder why. Wallacem inGa

Been going on since I've been in ODT (9 yrs?)
Like they say, swim in the ocean gotta watch for sharks.
Playin' in fresh water gotta watch for piranhas.

Back
Top Bottom