• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on 300BLK

November Sierra

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
188   0
Reaction score
So with the purchase of my 762 SDN 6 I received a 30 cal 51t. I've since been contemplating building a 300blk rifle. Now I say rifle because for the longest time I've been wanting to build a M4gery and this would give me the excuse of doing so.

My question is will the carbine length gas system reliably run 300 blackout supersonic and subsonic (with suppressor or maybe without as well)? Last time I tried to ask this question elsewhere I was called a retarded homo with no answer.

It is working for a lot of folks. A quality barrel intended for subs (determined by gas port size) will work fine. If overgassed with supers, just use an adjustable gas block.

Although subs are nice, supers are way more effective down range.

So with the purchase of my 762 SDN 6 I received a 30 cal 51t. I've since been contemplating building a 300blk rifle. Now I say rifle because for the longest time I've been wanting to build a M4gery and this would give me the excuse of doing so.

My question is will the carbine length gas system reliably run 300 blackout supersonic and subsonic (with suppressor or maybe without as well)? Last time I tried to ask this question elsewhere I was called a retarded homo with no answer.
The cartridge was designed for pistol gas system. .. I don't know if it'll work as all my 300s are pistol length blocks. Even my 16" that I've never stuck a suppressor on.

Short answer is yes. You "may" run into trouble if shooting subs unsuppressed...and you "may" run into trouble shooting supers suppressed. But in general a 16" carbine length gas rifle should be pretty reliable.

Retarded homo

Agree with jeep78 if shooting both buy for subs then adjust gas for supers.

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword." Mat 10:34

Back
Top Bottom