• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on bicycles

when you say trails, do you mean paved mixed use trails or off-road / mtn biking trails? because a mtn bike isn't good on paved trails / roads. nor is a road bike good on off-road trails.

1658202437393.png

Don't end up like this guy...:becky:

About 30 years ago, when we started dating, my future wife dropped a few hundred bucks on a Bridgestone MB5. Seemed like a lot to me at the time, but the quality is there (bike and wife, both). That bike is still in the garage. It's heavier than a lot of the newer stuff made today, but everything on the bike except tires is original and works. I started riding it about 15 years ago for exercise. Probably put a couple thousand miles on it. I've gone through a couple of sets of tubes, a set of tires. Needs another rear tire now. But I'd ride it again tomorrow if I was still riding these days.

Get on Facebook or Craigslist. Find yourself an American, Japanese or European made bike from the way back. Or, if you think you might like new and lighter models and don't mind spending more, visit a bike shop.

It's a bike. It ain't complicated.

Key thing as mentioned previously is to get a bike that fits your frame.

Never ever buy a Walmart/Target 1 size fits all. These are not the same quality that are sold in bike shops, even with the same brands.

BLIP BLIP is an ex pro mountain bike rider, as I recall and may have some good tips.

Back
Top Bottom