• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on Hungarian AMD-65

I had one for awhile and to me it was awesome! Never had an issue. Try and find one built on a TGI(Tennessee Gun Imports) receiver if you can. They had great quality control on their AKs. Only thing I didn't like a lot was the folder. You can replace it with another, but finding the rear trunion was a pain and wasn't too cheap to replace. The factory muzzle break was essentially like a surefire comp and worked awesome for muzzle climb and gives off an enormous fireball at night. If you find one for $500, I'd jump all over it...def worth the money and make awesome truck guns

I have been on an AK binge. This is a good write up.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/12/joe-grine/gun-review-amd-65-and-accessories/

My take is that it's a good $500 AK. Not a good $900 AK. I love the way they look too.

IMHO if you want to keep your budget around $500, it's a good choice if you want an AK. But nobody should compare it to those costing almost twice as much. I have been hearing great things about VEPRs at $699. But that's a 40% price premium.

Buy it. If you don't like it you could sell it all day long here for what you paid for it. Especially if The Donald keeps digging his own grave. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom