• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on Kimber R7 Mako

aragorn1

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
22   0
Reaction score
Wanting to get into a micro 9 with a red dot, what do you guys think about the Kimber? Also any other recommendations would be welcome. If you own different micro 9s, comparisons would also be nice. Thanks!!!

So many good choices in the Micro 9 category
ive seen too many issues with Kimber Products, coupled with poor customer service to ever consider one.

i prefer the S&W M&P’s. Not that I think it’s better than the rest. It just suits my eye and hand and functions great. I don’t like SAO carry guns. Nor do I like Safeties on striker fired weapons.

M&P Shield Plus
Sig P 365
HellCat
Glock 43.

Had a kimber 1911 - never again. Terrible customer service.
own a shield plus and 365. Any one of the four mentioned above will be fine. Kinda like the shield plus better just because of a little larger grip

P365 XL w/ a Romeo Zero would probably be a better choice. I like the Hellcat too but get your own red dot since the one they supply isn't great.

The small Kimbers are always finicky on ammo and while the Mako is better than previous iterations, there's a lot better choices out there.

Having not touched a Major R7, I am a fan of the Kimber Micros, use decent ammo and proper maintenance they are fine. I do have hellcat w/swampfox Sentinel and it is a great shooter!

Attachments

• CCAC6ECB-1B8B-4E30-8B71-3957B3BFB766.jpeg
    CCAC6ECB-1B8B-4E30-8B71-3957B3BFB766.jpeg
    262 KB · Views: 12
Have about 2k rounds on mine.Great trigger and is the flattest softest shooting of the micro guns.

Attachments

• IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom