• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on suppressed rifles and how to obtain proper credentials.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
I've been thinking of getting a suppressed rifle for hunting season as a property I hunt borders a country road but there are houses fairly close by albeit further than legally permitted.

I hunt with my back to the road always and have used nothing but archery there but I would like to use a rifle but really like the idea of a suppressed rifle to keep noise down and possibly enhance my chances of not spooking every deer in the area.

That being said what is all involved in obtaining a suppressor for legalities?
Do I just do everything through my FFL dealer?

I'm sure others have been thinking of this as well and it may be informative to some of y'all so school us not in "the know."

If you don't feel like typing, please refer me to some good links.

By the way I found this video and thought this was a freaking cool rifle........I love the look on his face after he shot the first hog...LOL....like a kid on Christmas morning......funny stuff right there.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EBORz_9Qyzg

1. Get a trust, much easier than having LEO sign off (samples on here are good, if you want a lawyer to do it we have several good ones here. Heavyd and cobalt60)
2. Go to a class 3 dealer and purchase can (We have a few on here,QRF, Cherokee Pawn, Georgia Gun Store, QRF is further away but you only need to go see him once to pick up can)
3. Send check for 200 dollars trust and appropriate paperwork to atf (some dealers will mail it out for you, QRF and Cherokee are the two I know of as I have used them)
4. While waiting make sure the rifle you want to hunt with is threaded ( buy more hosts as well, we all do)
5. When dealer calls, go pick up can (call right now I believe is around 5 months)
6. Enjoy hunting on private land with a can

Last edited:
1. Get a trust, much easier than having LEO sign off (samples on here are good, if you want a lawyer to do it we have several good ones here. Heavyd and cobalt60)
2. Go to a class 3 dealer and purchase can (We have a few on here,QRF, Cherokee Pawn, Georgia Gun Store, QRF is further away but you only need to go see him once to pick up can)
3. Send check for 200 dollars trust and appropriate paperwork to atf (some dealers will mail it out for you, QRF and Cherokee are the two I know of as I have used them)
4. While waiting make sure the rifle you want to hunt with is threaded ( buy more hosts as well, we all do)
5. When dealer calls, go pick up can (call right now I believe is around 5 months)

Basically.

In the mean time while you're waiting get your host and start stocking up on subsonic ammo (unless your ammo is already subsonic)

Good stuff Jason....

I've been thinking of getting a suppressed rifle for hunting season as a property I hunt borders a country road but there are houses fairly close by albeit further than legally permitted.

I hunt with my back to the road always and have used nothing but archery there but I would like to use a rifle but really like the idea of a suppressed rifle to keep noise down and possibly enhance my chances of not spooking every deer in the area.

That being said what is all involved in obtaining a suppressor for legalities?
Do I just do everything through my FFL dealer?

I'm sure others have been thinking of this as well and it may be informative to some of y'all so school us not in "the know."

If you don't feel like typing, please refer me to some good links.

By the way I found this video and thought this was a freaking cool rifle........I love the look on his face after he shot the first hog...LOL....like a kid on Christmas morning......funny stuff right there.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EBORz_9Qyzg

Lisa from Maryland is an Idiot! I love that rifle though.

Back
Top Bottom