• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on the P7

The PSP was the first in the P7 series, it has a heal mag release and no heat shield around the gas piston. You could not hold the pistol after two or three mags, the area around the trigger guard became extremely hot. The P7 came next, still had the heal mag release but had the heat shield. The P7M8 was next, mag release changed to paddles on both sides of trigger guard, heat shield and 8 round mag. P7M13 cam next, same as P7M8 except the mag holds 13 rounds. All P7s to this point are chambered in 9mm. P7K3 came next with caliber change kits. It could be a 22lr, a .380acp or 9mm. Very rare pistol to find, had problems with the buffer system. P7M10 in .40 s&w came next. It was a modified M13 with a different slide and 10 round mags. There was also a P7M7 prototype in .45acp, only seven are know to exist, with one or two in privet hands.

The PSP was the first in the P7 series, it has a heal mag release and no heat shield around the gas piston. You could not hold the pistol after two or three mags, the area around the trigger guard became extremely hot. The P7 came next, still had the heal mag release but had the heat shield. The P7M8 was next, mag release changed to paddles on both sides of trigger guard, heat shield and 8 round mag. P7M13 cam next, same as P7M8 except the mag holds 13 rounds. All P7s to this point are chambered in 9mm. P7K3 came next with caliber change kits. It could be a 22lr, a .380acp or 9mm. Very rare pistol to find, had problems with the buffer system. P7M10 in .40 s&w came next. It was a modified M13 with a different slide and 10 round mags. There was also a P7M7 prototype in .45acp, only seven are know to exist, with one or two in privet hands.
Thanks for the info. M13 will be on my short list. How much bigger in width & length is the grip due to the extra mag capacity. Only handled a p7m8 so far.

Length of the grip is the same for the P7M8 and P7M13. The width of the M13 grip measures a little less than 1.25 inches. I have medium size hands and have no trouble shooting the M13.

I have some.
The P7 was my unicorn gun.
Gas blowback and it locks the slide till the pressure drops to acceptable level for extraction of the spent case.

They can be had for STUPiD prices.
Some.of the best deals I have ever seen have been on ODT.

It is my favorite ccw...but it is way to expensive a firearm to sit in a lock up because I had to use it for self defense.

Yep. I’ve got the Nills on my M8 and they’re just about perfect for my hands.
I like the way p7m13 feels but I just wish the wood grips were exact replicas of the original.
4CC96B83-B8CC-4034-8E07-504E9E0ECC68.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom