• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Schools (Henry)

RamRoddoc

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
I'll hope this spreads to other counties like a wild fire. I took the time to contact the Henry County School Board members, my children's school principle and my 11 year old daughter's home room teacher (former Army officer).

I challenge you do so as well.

Here are the POC's for Henry.

pam.nutt@henry.k12.ga.us

erik.charles@henry.k12.ga.us

joshua.hinton@henry.k12.ga.us

charles.vickery@henry.k12.ga.us

ryan.davis@henry.k12.ga.us

ethan.hildreth@henry.k12.ga.us

A link for the principles:http://schoolwires.henry.k12.ga.us/cms/lib/GA01000549/Centricity/Domain/36/henrycountysch%20and%20principals-2012-13%20as%20of%20081312.pdf

A copy of my mail went to all and was nearly the same as the one sent to all my all representatives save only one (the president).

The mail:

I preface this with years of experience rather than an argument on a subject that I have no practical application or experience in. I’m a retired Army medical officer (non-combatant medical provider role) serving active duty 22 years. I have been directly responsible for planning, implementing and executing rigorous security counter measures in Iraq (twice deployed), Kosovo and several other venues-hazardous overseas tours of duty in support of host nation hospitals as well as other facilities. I have spent literally years in areas declared combat or hazardous duty zones. When I see good security measures I know what they look like and when I see poor security measures I know what they look like as well.

I am also a father of two. My son turned 18 last month. My beautiful daughter is 11 years old and started middle school this year. I love them both very much and would sacrifice all that I have, including my life for their safety and security. I sincerely mean it.

The “Gun Free School Zone” declared such by an act of congress in 1990 and legally interpreted as a binding law in 1995 through the federal “commerce clause” is a glaring exercise of complete and utter failure. It has come at great cost to America since its enactment. With the recent slaughter of innocents it’s a price I can no longer tolerate. This horrific tragedy could have been averted. Congress had a chance with H.R. 2613 (bill to repeal gun free school zones) but failed to act responsibly.

The anti-gun organizations are well organized. The Joyce foundation (look it up on Wikipedia) has funneled over $550 million dollars to numerous anti-gun organizations, research groups (colleges and universities) that create biased reports to legitimize their agenda. They also employed our president for eight years as a board member. The Joyce foundation has millions of dollars to support a biased anti-gun agenda.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg of the media giant Bloomberg LP with over 22 billion in assets has spearheaded the anti-gun agenda and has done so brilliantly. He directly or indirectly supports “research”. He funds the “Bloomberg-John Hopkins Public Health Education Department” and they in turn create research that is published and has been used to sway both citizen and politician alike. Mayor Bloomberg organized and was the major financier of Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG). With most of the propaganda the he and the Joyce foundation funded he endeared his organization to numerous mayors in America cities. With the mayors he also won the city’s police chiefs. The city police chief position is more a political one, is the generally the highest paid law enforcement position and is a position appointed by the city mayor. Mayor Bloomberg as a media giant owns well-known media outlets of approximately 350 newspapers and magazines worldwide, including The Economist, The New York Times and USA Today. He has a strong influence what is published and generally accepted as truth. He has the power to change perception and is doing so to the risk of America’s rights.

Our president spoke and most of what he said is directly off the MAIG web page. He appointed our vice president to a newly created “gun violence” research panel, the same politician who rapidly pushed the “Assault Weapons” bill of 1994 through congress that was allowed to sunset in 2004. Many politicians lost their jobs after supporting the bill that America had little time to debate over. He also spoke of appointing “Law Enforcement officials” to same panel that are to report to congress how to “reduce gun violence”. It is important to America to be critical of just who are these officials and where they have ties such as to MAIG or other affiliations or donations from the Joyce foundation (see the Wikipedia money chart).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joyce_Foundation

This all concerns me very much. Our great nation was one built on individual responsibility and freedoms. Our founding fathers were keenly aware that the greatest threat to our citizen’s freedom was the very government that they had forged. In order to preserve freedom they wisely separated the governmental powers so that there was a system of checks and balances. The powers were identified and numerated and had no power unless granted. The people on the other hand were bestowed with all the power and the responsibility that comes with it. Many of the founders knew that if they did not spell out specific rights then they would be the first to be taken. In order of importance a bill of rights was formed. We should not only read and comprehend the bill of rights but also understand how and why it was formed. I encourage anyone to review that process that occurred a couple of hundred years ago. It has made our nation one of the greatest both admired and despised by our friends and enemies.

So the question on the mind of many is why we have a right to buy/own an “assault weapon”. First understand that any weapon is a tool and it doesn’t know the difference between an assault or a defense as it’s decided by the hand that wields it. Any firearm can turn into an assault weapon as all can be used with deadly results by both good and bad men. The second amendment was not created to retain the right to self-defense as that was a truism that required no debate. They underestimated the battle that would ensue generations later. The right to keep and bear arms was and is about the responsibility and duty that as a last resort the people could break the chains of tyranny and support the common defense of the nation. It is the far majority of responsible gun owning Americans that we benefit greatly and owe a measure of debt to. From 14 states to currently 49 states that allow their citizens the legal right to bear arms outside of the home, with over 8 million permits issued we benefit. A step taken to yet even further restriction is a path that will end badly for the second amendment for when yet more restrictive laws fail to keep us safe in our “gun free zones” another step in failure will likely be made as the precedent has been set.

From the very first report of a school shooting many years ago, I knew what was required but a gun fearing segment of our society refused it. Ironically they created and contributed to the very problem they vowed to prevent with the legislated “gun free school zone act of 1990”. “Reasonable” and “common sense” gun laws are fictitious buzz words to smooth the ban path that will be paved by well-meaning folks indoctrinated with the propaganda that the anti-gun groups have funded and created.

An effective security program entails a system of redundancy. It is one that is well planned, rehearsed and executed when required. It will entail discreetly training and arming specified school personnel that only individuals with a need to know are aware of who they are. Of the current school staff volunteers, former/reserve military and former/current law enforcement should be considered first. Appropriate mental health screening (similar to those conducted in our armed forces and law enforcement) should be a part of the process and is routine at some specified medical facilities. Or we can embrace a failed policy and await the next homicidal lunatic to violate a “gun free school zone” and demand yet further gun control that is even if it’s a gun that is used.

Sincerely
XXXXX
XXXX
U.S. Army-Retired

Last edited:
It is good information and a formally prepared document, but it is too long. Managers will read a paragraph, maybe two, and ignore the message. Consider a more succinct message that'll be easier for someone with fifty messages in his inbox to digest.

It is good information and a formally prepared document, but it is too long. Managers will read a paragraph, maybe two, and ignore the message. Consider a more succinct message that'll be easier for someone with fifty messages in his inbox to digest.

Agreed, I like it, but most won't read all of it.

Agreed

Back
Top Bottom