• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Schrade schf9 survival knife

Uwood52

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie
87   0
Reaction score
I ordered one of these "bad boys" a couple of weeks ago here in South Africa and haven't really had a chance to test it until today... wanted to share my thoughts about it with you guys.

There were mixed reviews online about the knife, even some that broke the blade in half while batoning with it. But 90% of the reviews and test videos I watch raved about this knife. So I took a chance.

It is made out of a 1095 HC steel which is one of my favorite. (i.e. OKC, Esee, TOPS, etc.)
You can pick this Schrade schf9 up for under $40 off amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Schrade-SCHF9-Extreme-Survival-Handle/dp/B0033H7VI6

Its is a big knife! Thick, and tough looking. The grip is a little wide, but I have small hands. Today, I batoned a hardwood log into smaller kindling strips. Did some chopping, and then some wood shavings at the end. It was not sharp enough from the factory after all that to carve feather sticks. At the end, I noticed a little rolling on the blade at the belly, but that was about it. No chipping or cracks anywhere. I did put a nice, much sharper edge on it afterwards.

All in all, it is beefy and tough. It did the job, and I like it. However, nothing has come close to my @36fatfriends goombah, so my expectations are a bit high.

IMG_7736.JPG
IMG_8777.JPG
IMG_8210.JPG
IMG_3481.JPG

Back
Top Bottom