• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scope buying mistakes

Lots of reasonable points.

Disagree with him about tube diameter. Yes, light passes thru. But the more space there is to pass thru, the more light can pass thru. Light is like any other form of energy: The larger the pathway, the more readily it flows.

And, I'll never agree with "buy the most you can afford." If money was only for scopes, then, sure. But scopes have to compete with food, gas, mortgage, and every other financial commitment one has. If the $600 scope is good enough, then maybe you don't need the $1000 scope, even if you are jealous of your buddy. Maybe the other $400 is for your kid's education or the transmission your car inevitably needs replaced. For most of us, a scope spends north of 99.99% of time in a locked box or rifle case. If it's a tool you use to make your living, that might be a different matter.

Dang. That sucks. I have heard good things about their higher end stuff.
Hmm, my scopes where banner and a fixed 4x. One on a 22 and one on a 308. I still have a banner on a 22. I tried to contact Bushnell several times with no luck....Never again. Moved on to Redfield bought new (the old ones), Nikon and Leupold. So far no problems

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom