• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SD card help

elmosdad

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
13   0
Reaction score
Guys I've got an SD card I want to transfer the photos onto another SD card, only thing I don't want to transfer all the photos . How do I do it ??

You can do the same on a phone and tablet (1st SD->copy to Device->copy to 2nd SD), Android file system is just more difficult to navigate than a PC.

Put card in the PC card reader select pics you want, copy to a new card.
If you have only one card reader, copy pics to a folder on the desktop, and then to the second card.
You have to do it manually.

It would be easier and faster (and you would have a backup of them) if you put them all in a folder on your PC then sort them to two folders SD1 & SD2. Be careful if you change the way the files are named you may not be able to see them on the phone you are moving them to... IF that is what your SD card plugs in to.

Can't get anything to work, there is about 1000 photos and i only want to transfer 25.
Laptop will not let me select only the ones i want to import,then if i import them all will not allow me to copy to sd card......

Can't get anything to work, there is about 1000 photos and i only want to transfer 25.
Laptop will not let me select only the ones i want to import,then if i import them all will not allow me to copy to sd card......

Open with "Windows Explorer" (file management program not browser).

With 1000 files, it will take a minute to load.

You can copy individual files, or groups of files using the shift key.

It should go very fast. Hold down the shift key while you select a first and the last picture with your mouse, it will grab everything in between. Or hold down the control key, and then click the 25 photos you want. Once selected, right click - copy. Then navigate to a new folder and right click - paste. Remove the SD card. Insert another one. Navigate to the folder, and use the same method to select, copy and paste to the new SD card.

Back
Top Bottom