• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SEARS BELT SANDER-USA-WORKS

Capnmike

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
100   0
Reaction score
I cleaned out the barn of a widow whose late husband was a cabinet maker. Several of the power tools just needed new cords and I still use them. This belt sander needed nothing repaired but I can't get it to track in the center and stay there. I'm not wasting any more belts, it can be your problem. May need some type of tweak that I am not aware of. Appears complete, no cracks in the housing, heavy by today's standards and made in the U S A.

Pick it up in Fayetteville, no delivery. I don't text. Call 770 461-7031 Home

Attachments

• DSCF0133.JPG
    DSCF0133.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF0134.JPG
    DSCF0134.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF0135.JPG
    DSCF0135.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF0136.JPG
    DSCF0136.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 42
Can you just tighten the tension on it? Chances are you already tried that, but thought I'd offer it up.

I have adjusted everything that appears related to the drums. It will seem to work but eventually it moves one way or the other. There may be a super fine hair of adjustment there but I haven't found it. Almost all the tools from the barn were USA and I got just about all of them to work. I have a same era Sears dual action sander with the same type heavy plastic case and it's great. I wouldn't call myself a carpenter, just an occasional small project and not willing to invest of new high quality power tools. Thx for tip.
Mike

Back
Top Bottom