• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seat cover question... Cheap vs not so cheap

drewga11

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
66   0
Reaction score
So, I picked up a new to me used truck this past weekend and several friends have told me I should get some seat covers for it to protect to the seats. I've never had seat covers in a vehicle, btw. Nothing wrong with the seats now, the truck is a 2015.

My question is, is worth it to spend the money ($400-500 for front and back) on a set of seat covers that are specifically made for my truck? Or just pick up some cheap generic ones?

I've never even entertained the idea of buying seat covers before and had no idea they could get that pricey. I'm still not entirely convinced I need to buy any at all, but are the custom fit ones really worth spending that much more money?

I never have used them, but, I've heard you need to remove them periodically and vacuum or clean your seats or the covers will wreck them by trapping grit and grinding it in.
Of course that effect may vary with the type you choose.
It seems like an added hassle when someone will probably total your pampered ride anyway.

I have covers from Realtruck.com. The coverking neosupreme. I love them. If they get dirty, I can take them off and throw them in the washer.

What do you do in the truck? If you drive to an office in it everyday I wouldn't worry about it. Seat covers are good to have but they can have a tendency to shift if not installed properly which can be annoying.

Growing up my dad always used these in our cars...

91hNKEuIsnL._SL1500_.jpg

So, I picked up a new to me used truck this past weekend and several friends have told me I should get some seat covers for it to protect to the seats. I've never had seat covers in a vehicle, btw. Nothing wrong with the seats now, the truck is a 2015.

My question is, is worth it to spend the money ($400-500 for front and back) on a set of seat covers that are specifically made for my truck? Or just pick up some cheap generic ones?

I've never even entertained the idea of buying seat covers before and had no idea they could get that pricey. I'm still not entirely convinced I need to buy any at all, but are the custom fit ones really worth spending that much more money?

Does your vehicle have airbags incorporated in the seats? Are they heated or cooled with an exhaust vent? If so, the covers need to be designed around those devices.

I've never used seat covers, personally I think they look tacky and do more damage than good. I keep my interior vacuumed out every couple of weeks (light grey cloth seats) and figure I'll get the seats shampoo'd 10x for what the cost is for a decent set of covers sell for.

Reactions: MRM
Back
Top Bottom