• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seatbelt Snitch?

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
O.K.,

I just overheard a conversation which sounded a little like B.S. to me.... But, it sounded a little plausible, so maybe not.

I heard that there is some kind of signal given off by your seatbelt warning system which some cop cars can pick up, and they will issue you a ticket based on the signal given off from your car. Supposedly, the officer doesn't have to observe you not wearing a seatbelt, the built-in snitch system in your car can just just tell on you.

-Any truth to that one, or just a good urban legend?

That person's second conversation probably was about the sensor they have to sense the exhaust of a diesel to tell if you're running off road diesel as well...

Just wear your damn seatbelt.

I wear my seatbelt. My brother however does not and WILL not. He rolled his car in high school and fireman said only reason he lived was because he was NOT wearing his seatbelt. It should be personal choice. If the insurance company wants to make it affect your policy then so be it. It shouldn't be mandated by gubment.

Airplanes have seatbelt sensors I believe. Last flight I was on the stewartess wouldn't move the plane after landing because someone took it off. She even gave out the seat number.

Airplanes have seatbelt sensors I believe. Last flight I was on the stewartess wouldn't move the plane after landing because someone took it off. She even gave out the seat number.

BS. When FA's are seated in the back they can see down the aisle and some idiot's belt was laying down and she could easily see it.

Back
Top Bottom