• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seatbelt Snitch?

It isn't that simple. We all pay for the idiots that don't wear seatbelts. How many do you think have medical insurance or pay their bill? We all pay for 'ones choice' not to wear a seat belt and incur 100k in medical bills not paid when the belt would have let them leave with a scratch. It is a rare circumstance that NOT wearing a seat belt is better than wearing one. If our society wasn't 'must medically treat regardless to ability to pay' then we wouldn't need many laws meant to protect.

Congratulations. You now subscribe to the thought policy that gave us seat belt laws, helmet laws for motorcycles, anti-smoking legislation and gun control. We all pay for your actions so we all have the right to limit your actions.

Lean forward and plug in the seat belt behind your back. The probably none-existent sensor is now showing you as having your on. Problem solved.

It isn't that simple. We all pay for the idiots that don't wear seatbelts. How many do you think have medical insurance or pay their bill? We all pay for 'ones choice' not to wear a seat belt and incur 100k in medical bills not paid when the belt would have let them leave with a scratch. It is a rare circumstance that NOT wearing a seat belt is better than wearing one. If our society wasn't 'must medically treat regardless to ability to pay' then we wouldn't need many laws meant to protect.

I was in an accident several years ago, that had I been wearing a seatbelt, I would have possibly been paralyzed or worse. The seat belt connector was over 6" behind the seat.

Since I don't wear mine I will gladly take your money in the form of cash, postal money order or certified check. In some cases guns will be taken in place of cash. I have medical insurance and I pay my bills so pay up....

Yeah-

I figured it must be an urban legend..... But like all such urban legends, it does have a certain air of plausibility.

Back
Top Bottom