• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Second Amendment Foundation will not defend legally carried firearms at protests

As much as I appreciate some of the wins SAF has had, Gottlieb has just proven himself to be yet another weak-ass "leader" when it comes to 2A and politics in general. Who the hell does this guy think he is to suggest limitations on 2A. He can choose not to represent people, but beyond that he should keep his mouth shut before making dumbass statements like the below...

"We are not a fan of armed protests and highly discourage that,” said Alan Gottlieb, the founder and executive vice president of the SAF. “Firearms serve a purpose, and the purpose is not a mouthpiece. It’s to defend yourself. If you are carrying it to make a political point, we are not going to support that.”

As much as I appreciate some of the wins SAF has had, Gottlieb has just proven himself to be yet another weak-ass "leader" when it comes to 2A and politics in general. Who the hell does this guy think he is to suggest limitations on 2A. He can choose not to represent people, but beyond that he should keep his mouth shut before making dumbass statements like the below...

"We are not a fan of armed protests and highly discourage that,” said Alan Gottlieb, the founder and executive vice president of the SAF. “Firearms serve a purpose, and the purpose is not a mouthpiece. It’s to defend yourself. If you are carrying it to make a political point, we are not going to support that.”

Yep, an organization that proclaims itself as pro-rights-pro-2A foundation has appeared to lost sight of just what the right is, who it is for and from whom it protects...

A wise senior leader in staff meeting drilled into us young NCO's and officers that the absolute two most critical issues when issuing orders is to comprehend the purpose and intent of the order.

Fail that milestone and all else is based upon a foundation of failure potential.

Crap decision but it's understandable. A group of mouth breathing protesters open carrying AR's will not help the cause. Anyone should still be able to do it though.

I agree.

They do not create a public image that is supportive. Dressed appropriately, not as if they are heading out to a 30 day FTX force on force training will work more positively.

Interesting, that despite all the chaos, riot and attacks, not a shot was fired. I did read where one armed man pointed a gun at an attacking crowd.

Odd, I didn't see pics or video of ANTIFA, BLM etc. beating down armed permitted protestors... I wonder why?

Back
Top Bottom