• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Second Amendment Foundation will not defend legally carried firearms at protests

I don't open carry as a personal choice but I support someone elses right to if they choose. If someone is legally carrying concealed at a protest and is attacked by AntiFa, BLM or other terrorist groups and they have to use their firearm to defend themselves the SAF will not defend them. It is pathetically arrogant that Alan Gottlieb thinks he should be the one to determine when someone should or should not carry a firearm.

I don't open carry as a personal choice but I support someone elses right to if they choose. If someone is legally carrying concealed at a protest and is attacked by AntiFa, BLM or other terrorist groups and they have to use their firearm to defend themselves the SAF will not defend them. It is pathetically arrogant that Alan Gottlieb thinks he should be the one to determine when someone should or should not carry a firearm.

When would one need a weapon the most?

My family doesn't open carry but they never are without a hand gun concealed on their person and they have been trained when and how to use it! This day and time it's dangerous to be without one! Always believed open carry in wrong situation means shoot me first! Just like I never wear cap or shirt when I'm off that has sheriffs department on it!

As much as I appreciate some of the wins SAF has had, Gottlieb has just proven himself to be yet another weak-ass "leader" when it comes to 2A and politics in general. Who the hell does this guy think he is to suggest limitations on 2A. He can choose not to represent people, but beyond that he should keep his mouth shut before making dumbass statements like the below...

"We are not a fan of armed protests and highly discourage that,” said Alan Gottlieb, the founder and executive vice president of the SAF. “Firearms serve a purpose, and the purpose is not a mouthpiece. It’s to defend yourself. If you are carrying it to make a political point, we are not going to support that.”
Uh, firearms have always been used to make a political point. The American revolution comes to mind...............Derp!!!

I agree.

They do not create a public image that is supportive. Dressed appropriately, not as if they are heading out to a 30 day FTX force on force training will work more positively.

Interesting, that despite all the chaos, riot and attacks, not a shot was fired. I did read where one armed man pointed a gun at an attacking crowd.

Odd, I didn't see pics or video of ANTIFA, BLM etc. beating down armed permitted protestors... I wonder why?
"I wonder why" LOL

Crap decision but it's understandable. A group of mouth breathing protesters open carrying AR's will not help the cause. Anyone should still be able to do it though.

Agree. I would rather have him working on the next Peruta or national carry or other things rather than spending a lot of time and money defending people tacticooled out against some gay parade.

Agree. I would rather have him working on the next Peruta or national carry or other things rather than spending a lot of time and money defending people tacticooled out against some gay parade.

I agree personally, but, on reflection, you can't start to discriminate; they either have the right to carry, or they don't. If they do, then that right needs to be defended.

Back
Top Bottom