• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Second Amendment right to meet people at the door with a machete by your side?

So the lower court is saying that in NJ you can't defend yourself, even in your own home.

That's not America, it's the U.K.
They "supported the right to self defense" as long as you don't have any weapons to defend yourself with. "Asinine" kept going through my mind as I read that lower court ruling.

Hutu/Tutsi
Americans do not know what racial hatred is except for isolated instances that the lamestream media blows out of proportion to fan the flames. In regard to the Black-White paradigm for example, most of us can easily tell a black from a white on sight. I doubt anyone here on ODT, myself included, could tell the difference between a Hutu and a Tutsi. However, they can. Whenever these folks are forced to work together in the name of diversity, like at the US Embassy, when a Hutu walks into a room with Hutus in it, you can feel the tension between them.

By the way, the best store bought machete I have found is made in Costa Rica by Hierementes Collins, a company with English origin. The steel is incredible and with initial effort, takes an edge much like a samurai sword.

After speaking to several law enforcement officers, the problem is that bad guys don't knock or announce themselves by banging on front doors, for the most part. More often than not, they are drunk and think your house is theirs, and their frat brother/girlfriend/boyfriend/brother/sister/mother/father, etc., locked them out.

RE: Frat brothers- happens a lot in Athens. Drunken kids trying to find their way back to their home and go to the wrong house.

By the way, the best store bought machete I have found is made in Costa Rica by Hierementes Collins, a company with English origin. The steel is incredible and with initial effort, takes an edge much like a samurai sword.

I have a Corona "Clipper" Cane knife. Think square machete with bush hook on end. Very handy tool, takes a great edge and has a great weight to cut through brush and limbs. I need to put new handles on mine due to them drying out and cracking and then breaking off.

Back
Top Bottom