• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Second thoughts on appendix carry

Is this what he was carrying?

Type 94 Nambu has been known to go off if you squeeze the sear bar that is on the outside of the gun...:wacko:

omegacrossroads.com_GunCabinet_Nambu_Nambu2L.jpg

Also one of the ugliest firearms of all times...
I hate Nambus so much

Deddy always said "Son, don't point this at anything you don't want to shoot". I have been practicing that for 40 years and it is still just as true today as it was then. I don't care if it's a fancy safe action pistol or DA revolver - I ain't pointing anything loaded and made by man at my junk!

Dumbasses shoot themselves all the time. The method of carry has nothing to do with it.

Complacency kills. In more ways than one.
I for one had rather shoot myself in the ass vs the willy if given the option. I pray never at all though. It's just me but I prefer the 10 o clock position. :becky:

There are a lot of “big name” Instructors nowadays that don’t allow AIWB in their classes anymore. I can’t say that I blame them.

There are a lot of “big name” Instructors nowadays that don’t allow AIWB in their classes anymore. I can’t say that I blame them.
That's really interesting! I think if it's what you like and it's comfortable fine, but I just really believe that everything fails and crap happens when least expect it. Especially with lack of competency. So I just can't have my G19 pointed at my crotch. I shoot as much as I financially can and don't feel competent holstering with my balls at stake.

cmshoot cmshoot , just because I'm curious, what position do you CC at? I know you know your stuff!

That's really interesting! I think if it's what you like and it's comfortable fine, but I just really believe that everything fails and crap happens when least expect it. Especially with lack of competency. So I just can't have my G19 pointed at my crotch. I shoot as much as I financially can and don't feel competent holstering with my balls at stake.

cmshoot cmshoot , just because I'm curious, what position do you CC at? I know you know your stuff!

Pretty standard, just behind my right hip at 4 o’clock. Same position for IWB and OWB.

I’ve tried just about every conceivable method of carry you can think of; strong side, crossdraw, shoulder rigs, chest rigs (inverted and otherwise), etc. Strong side hip is what has worked best for me. I can draw with either hand, which is also like AIWB, but weapon retention is much better than AIWB.

I’ve spent a lot of time rolling around the mats with a red gun working retention, as well as drawing from every conceivable position which fighting one or more assailants. I found that for me, AIWB was horrible. Retention was poor and I found that while on my back, with the assaulant straddling me, it was virtually impossible to draw.

The strengths of the AIWB are speed and ease of drawing from the seated position.

Back
Top Bottom