• Always

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • who's really honest about this?

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Tacos

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters
And a lot of manufacturers have jumped on "button rifling" since
Years ago the 110 Savage models didn't have a floor plate that could open so you could unload it that way. But as I recall that was also mentioned in the article about how it made for a more rigid setup aiding in accuracy. I'm sure it also helped keep the price down.

Ruger 10-22 stock, with 4x16 scope, won a after the 3 gun match once at Riverbend shooting against top shelf "Sniper" rifles, in 308, 300 wm, 06, etc, many well over 2K n a windless day the 10-22 won the kitty of $100 and I went out and bought a 2nd one. The match was to see who got closest to the perp's eye pupil, the 22 centered it, lucky shot. This one, set up as shown, not for sale, the price sheet is for insurance
DSC01198.JPG

Ruger 10-22 stock, with 4x16 scope, won a after the 3 gun match once at Riverbend shooting against top shelf "Sniper" rifles, in 308, 300 wm, 06, etc, many well over 2K n a windless day the 10-22 won the kitty of $100 and I went out and bought a 2nd one. The match was to see who got closest to the perp's eye pupil, the 22 centered it, lucky shot. This one, set up as shown, not for sale, the price sheet is for insurance
View attachment 2284775
Wish I'd been there LOL Had to been an Awesome day

Dang, I've had an SKS that I bought (back in the day) for about $100 or less right out of the wooden box. Cleaned all the cosmoline off & out of it. It was surprisingly accurate for a mil sup iron sight gun...
I have one that I bought for $69 back in the ‘80s. Same as you LGS had several wooden crates of them, all were slathered in cosmoline. Cleaned it up and been shooting it ever since. Plenty accurate enough to deer hunt with.

Savage axis 22-250( axis I believe is there cheapest model?)...comes without sites ,so had to scope it...bore sighted it and boom it needed very little tweaking...fast,quiet and would knock a knats jewels off

Back
Top Bottom