• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Section 8 in Jackson, worst gun store

summer44

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
23   0
Reaction score
Call S8 to see if they had a ruger or Smith a family member was looking for. Whoever answered the phone proceeded to tell me I need to purchase a Taurus, as ruger firearms were junk and both ruger and Smith had the worst customer service of any gun company's in business. And that if I had an issue with a Taurus it would be corrected in less than 3 weeks time. Lead me to the conclusion that this guys is either an idiot or liar or maybe both. So I just hung up and moved on. Will never call them or go to their store again, anyone else had a similar experience with Section 8

Call S8 to see if they had a ruger or Smith a family member was looking for. Whoever answered the phone proceeded to tell me I need to purchase a Taurus, as ruger firearms were junk and both ruger and Smith had the worst customer service of any gun company's in business. And that if I had an issue with a Taurus it would be corrected in less than 3 weeks time. Lead me to the conclusion that this guys is either an idiot or liar or maybe both. So I just hung up and moved on. Will never call them or go to their store again, anyone else had a similar experience with Section 8
He’s just a good ‘ole boy tryinta make a spiff. They probably give higher commissions on Tauruses.

The majority of their business is to the LE community. No excuse for being a douche though. The owner is rough around the edges so to speak and the first few times I went in there I was like damn what a penis. After I got to know him he’s really a good dude and pretty damn funny. I believe he’s a combat veteran and competitive shooter now. Haven’t been in there in awhile.

Large supply of military surplus, pretty much any shooting supplies that you could need, guns, parts all of that.
Warm cozy customer service...not so much.

Wasn’t the term ‘section 8’ used for discharge from the military on insanity issues ?
Yep.

iu

Back
Top Bottom