• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Security cameras

Business....... Avigilon seems to be popular.

All* (most) of all these others are non American made.....these cameras can work poorly, ok, or really good.

Things to consider:

Storage:

Local storage on camera
Local storage (DVR/computer) (pick your software or all in one solution)
Cloud storage
Hybrid

Data transmission/Power:

Wireless
COAX
ethernet with POE

If using a off shore camera brand, do you have the ability to setup a separate WIFI SSID or home intranet with firewall filters to block ports and filter traffic.

If going with local storage you will need setup firewall rules/port forwarding if you want to view the cameras while out and about.

Lots of things to consider. Better resolution and night capability are a big benefit.

For home, I would steer away from Blink. I had it and while it was decent for the price, I didn’t like that it didn’t record long enough. This is due to it being cordless. Look for hardwired cameras that can video as long as there is motion or heat detected.

Wyze cameras are easy to install and work great at a really good price
I agree, the v3 with SD card records for 24/7 for several days before it writes over, if you decide to sign up for their service it makes recovery easier, but not necessary if you install the SD card video is amazing and nstall is a snap.

I've honestly had them all through the years, from Ring cams to Kuna. If you can get past it being a Chinese company, EzViz has been by far the best WiFi cams we've ever had. They even have one now for outside that is pan/tilt/zoom with motion tracking. The clarity at night is also unmatched even when comparing against the big brands. The oldest camera I have is now 7 years old and still works just as well as it did from day 1 and it's been in extreme cold and dry heat in Utah to the humidity and rain here in Georgia. Good consistent connection with cloud storage options or you can ignore that and use a micro SD card. No subscription required.
This is my biggest beef. Have been trying to find a closed circuit system that would allow me to log into an IP without having a company be my midpoint.

Like GH1950, I've also seen a bunch of business security camera vids and screen shots, both inside and outdoors, under various light conditions and they pretty much all suck.

At least they did as of about five years ago which is the most recent one I dealt with in a professional capacity. I do hope the technology has improved.

It would be great if the resolution was clear enough to show the guy's face if he's not wearing a mask or hoodie pulled down tight. It would be good if the resolution were high enough to pick up any visible tattoos, or get details on the jewelry the bad guy might be wearing.

Really, the best kind of alarm system would also have a crossbow mounted on a robotic two-axle gimbal that would shoot a special arrow made with a hollow steel tubular shaft.

The cops want some of the suspect's DNA to analyze? Heck I'll give them a core sample that will measure the guy's thickness across his torso and also biopsy his liver, spleen, and get his cholesterol count!

I have Micro Seven cameras with sd slots and retrieve any recorded videos with my computer , they offer cloud storage
but thinking about getting DVR with storage . they have vid with sound and mic on some. I have been using them to watch
outside critters and who ever was running over my Tump sign. The images showed the car clearly but was unable to get tag
number. I am a novice at this just adding my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom