• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Security will kill their employees

Yeah, but if we end up in a world where people feel the need to move to bunkers and have armed security protecting them, you can expect in pretty short order that they will either come back out (because the situation is not that dire) or they'll hunker down.

Either way, those bunkers become either inhabited or mothballed loot boxes for people who will be suffering from the inevitable scarcity of things they think they need. The more thoughtful people will see that both the resources and the defensible nature of those retreats are valuable, and some of those people will be prepared to do violence to secure them for their own use.

That's the point when at least some rich people discover (just like the Romans) that subcontracting their safety to strangers isn't always a good idea.

Any of y’all watch that National Geographic series ‘Doomsday Preppers’?
They had an episode on turning a missile silo into teotwawki bunker. Selling luxury condos with security iirc.

Lawyers would be lucky to make it out intact.
Yep. I saved a famous lawyers life in high school as he was about to fall between the Jeep we were in and the U Hall it was pulling. He represented Delta in front of the Supreme Court.
I have 3 lawyer stories that lawyers tried to screw me or succeeded in 2 cases.
When I called him in 2014 he didn't return my call until I reminded him of 1973 I saved his life and he returned my call within the hour. He told me he would help me pro Bono and I asked what does that mean? He said free.
He took the information on a Friday and said I will call you Monday.
Monday came and went so did Tuesday...I called him Wednesday..and he called me Friday said he was out of town and would call the middle of the week. He left a message and said his firm has 100 lawyers and they represent Cigna and it would be a conflict of intrest for him to get involved. I got a lawyer to take the case. I had 8 years 12 years before I turned 65 and he wanted 18 months payment. It was going to be a good amount. The lawyer said ....well to make it short I was offered 20,000 and after the lawyer talked me into it he got 12,500....I got 7,500 but had the entire 20k as income...after going to an accountant I ended up with less than 5,000. **** Cigna....**** Lawyers and **** Joe Lieing Biden.
And Richard North can kiss my ass.

Yep. I saved a famous lawyers life in high school as he was about to fall between the Jeep we were in and the U Hall it was pulling. He represented Delta in front of the Supreme Court.
I have 3 lawyer stories that lawyers tried to screw me or succeeded in 2 cases.
When I called him in 2014 he didn't return my call until I reminded him of 1973 I saved his life and he returned my call within the hour. He told me he would help me pro Bono and I asked what does that mean? He said free.
He took the information on a Friday and said I will call you Monday.
Monday came and went so did Tuesday...I called him Wednesday..and he called me Friday said he was out of town and would call the middle of the week. He left a message and said his firm has 100 lawyers and they represent Cigna and it would be a conflict of intrest for him to get involved. I got a lawyer to take the case. I had 8 years 12 years before I turned 65 and he wanted 18 months payment. It was going to be a good amount. The lawyer said ....well to make it short I was offered 20,000 and after the lawyer talked me into it he got 12,500....I got 7,500 but had the entire 20k as income...after going to an accountant I ended up with less than 5,000. **** Cigna....**** Lawyers and **** Joe Lieing Biden.
And Richard North can kiss my ass.
Way back when I was doing contract work I had the luxury of picking who I worked for. There where 3 groups of people that I absolutely refused to work with. The first were doctors ( they don't think anyone's time is valuable other than theirs) the second was airline pilots ( they absolutely think they know everything, I know that confidence is important to a pilot but come on...)
And the last and this is written in granite are lawyers, they always and I do mean always try to cheat you.
Lowest form of life on earth, there's a reason so many politicians are lawyers.

In all the above, the references to money should be changed to fiat-USD or some other fiat "currency" which has no inherent or otherwise intrinsic value.

Note that anyone who has the forward thinking and volition to turn some of his fiat currency into real money, gold and silver for example, will already have solved or mitigated the food/water/security, etc aspects....and is probably already in south america or some other country with minimal government reach. However, there is no government on this planer that is anything more than a criminal gang.

If someone has gold and has to trade it for water, he probably stole it.

In all the above, the references to money should be changed to fiat-USD or some other fiat "currency" which has no inherent or otherwise intrinsic value.

Note that anyone who has the forward thinking and volition to turn some of his fiat currency into real money, gold and silver for example, will already have solved or mitigated the food/water/security, etc aspects....and is probably already in south america or some other country with minimal government reach. However, there is no government on this planer that is anything more than a criminal gang.

If someone has gold and has to trade it for water, he probably stole it.
Why would anyone go to the time, expense, and trouble of moving to some third-world ****hole? Just wait a couple more years, we’ll be one here.

Back
Top Bottom