• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Self Defense Law Question

I don't think you are justified to put more bullets in him. However, I think it would be OK to stick your fingers in the existing bullet holes and wiggle them until he begs for mercy....or expires...whichever comes first.
I like your style

I don't think you would be legally or morally justified in shooting him more. He has retreated and is no longer armed. Were I not defending others or on my own property I would have left when he went to his car. If he chased me down I would have shot him but would have certainly avoided it if I could have. There is tons of questions and paperwork when you shoot someone. I hate questions and paperwork. If you have to shoot him, take @Targetmaster 's approach. Bury him deep. Avoid the questions and paperwork.

In this very specific situation anyone would have been justified to use deadly or whatever force they deemed nessesary.
And since the first shoot did not stop the threat and the person was still aggressive saying he would kill you, I think it would be a good shoot then as well.
Once the person has demonstrated his desire and ability to do “great bodily harm or death” to you. You are justified to use deadly force until the threat stops.
So the 2 idiots in the video are facing man slaughter charges are....?

Guilty of wild self flagellation gestures? The police and the district attorney have reasonable cause they committed a criminal act.

Failure to retreat?

Rocky FatCat, what makes you think a knife is deadlier from a longer distance than a bat?
If the person wielding either weapon charges you, they can kill you with it. All they have to do is get within striking distance. A bat can actually reach out a foot further than a thrust with a knife.

Just because 40 years ago some Sheriffs' training officer named Doug Teuller demonstrated the 21 foot principal using a charging knife attack against an officer who still had his weapon holster, and did not begin the draw until the charge was underway...

That doesn't rule out using the same principles to other contact weapons.

It was a threat and he did not advance, create distance and if he advanced than draw your weapon, if you feel their is a strong chance of severe bodily harm to you or death...Never should have drawn the weapon in the first place, not justified in my opinion. Or not enough information.
Exactly what I was thinking DD. I don't see where the weapon should have been drawn when it was. Only after he came back from the car with his weapon would I have drawn.

Back
Top Bottom