• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sell your AR you have been holding

Just like golf clubs. Back in my Air Force days I played a lot of golf using a $100 set of clubs from the BX. My neighbor down the road started playing, took lessons and usually shot between 115 and 120 on 18 holes. I was around 88 to 94. He then went out and bought a set of Ping irons and Big Bertha woods. Over $2000 in the early 1990's. Still shot 115 to 120. Sometimes money doesn't get what you think you need.

Nothing wrong with spending money on higher end, quality stuff. It all depends on what you intend to use it for. I doubt any of us are going to have to shoot 1,500 rounds in 11 minutes fighting off a virus...

I am not worried about my "home build" AR's not going bang if someone breaks into the house. I am not worried that it would hold together for the 2 or 3 shots, or 15, that I might have to discharge.

Someone just wanted a $500-$800 AR and Mr Knowzerrything went on a diatribe about how he must not feel his life was worth much because you can't get a decent weapon for that price... then went on about how some youtuber tested a PSA rifle and did a full auto ammo dump and the gas tube melted at 420 rounds...

It was pretty comical...

Just like golf clubs. Back in my Air Force days I played a lot of golf using a $100 set of clubs from the BX. My neighbor down the road started playing, took lessons and usually shot between 115 and 120 on 18 holes. I was around 88 to 94. He then went out and bought a set of Ping irons and Big Bertha woods. Over $2000 in the early 1990's. Still shot 115 to 120. Sometimes money doesn't get what you think you need.
Well, yeah, if you suck, the equipment isn't fix that. But playing golf, you also know that irons all feel different and have different attributes. Seems minor to some, but all the difference in the world to others.

If the shooter is realistic a 4 moa shooter, there is no equipment that is going to turn their skills into a quarter minute shooter just by touching it. But take a quarter minute shooter and give him/her a 2 minute rifle, well, they can't get better than the gear limitations.

PS, yes, I know, not all rifles are intended for precision nor does every situation call for precision. Just used as an example.

Well, yeah, if you suck, the equipment isn't fix that. But playing golf, you also know that irons all feel different and have different attributes. Seems minor to some, but all the difference in the world to others.

If the shooter is realistic a 4 moa shooter, there is no equipment that is going to turn their skills into a quarter minute shooter just by touching it. But take a quarter minute shooter and give him/her a 2 minute rifle, well, they can't get better than the gear limitations.

PS, yes, I know, not all rifles are intended for precision nor does every situation call for precision. Just used as an example.

This is a good explaination .
Personally I don't like to hear PSA get looked down upon when I consider that they are responsible for putting so many modern rifles behind so many blades of grass.

Back
Top Bottom