• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sell your AR you have been holding

Real question..... Which model would you guys recommend that's already completely built and sub $700. I'm a bolt action and revolver guy. Want something to plink around with but in 5.56, had a DPMS Oracle but gave it to my dad a few years back.

Good luck on this... maybe in 6 months or so assuming Trump gets back in. For now you'll be paying MSRP at a minimum, and with both Bushmaster and DPMS gone, there's no more sub-$500 ARs out there.

I have a Bushmaster ACR. y'all think i should sale it or not?

Probably... they are going way up in value (new and old) now that Remmington killed the Bushmaster brand. MAC has a good video on this, or just check out Gunbroker. When I checked a few weeks ago (pre-pandemic) prices had almost doubled.

Yup, Remington Outdoor (the parent of Remington) closed down DPMS, Bushmaster, TAPCO and Storm Lake.

That pretty much wipes out the sub-$500 AR market right there, with PSA the only 'major' company really left in that game. I'll miss TAPCO more because they made a decent AK trigger set that was good for 922r compliance.

I never used Storm Lake barrels, but I always heard they were a high-end product. Of course that was when you bought a Colt 1911 and sent it to the gunsmith for 'tuning' before you took it out of the box. These days I'm not sure that the factory barrels in most medium-tier 1011s aren't just as good as what they sold.

The funny thing is they announced this at the end of January. If they had just waited 2 more months they would be raking in the AR sales now.

Yeah... I think we all hate seeing gun companies shut down, no matter how we feel about their products.

There's a lot of speculation as to why, but the most likely reason is that lawsuit in CT where Sandy Hook parents got the state courts to allow a suit against Bushmaster because of the way they advertised their guns as 'assault rifles', or some such nonsense.

There's still a lot of Freedom Group left in Remington, and they are owned by bankers, so I bet they figured it would be cheaper to just kill the brand. I'm not sure why they killed the rest of them though, especially because DPMS was trying to move a little more upscale with their Gen 2 rifles.

Earlier and the thread a member mentioned that the difference between and an 800 and a $1,200 AR was trigger an internal I beg to differ. A cheap lower parts kit 39 bucks wow a good lower parts kit is around $100 so that's not that big of a difference there. The big difference is in the barrel, the bolt carrier group, and the trigger. Then there's the handguard that can stretch up to $300 not that's an absolute necessity but on a fine weapon it's going to have one. This is where the first time Panic buyer is not going to understand. He just season AR on the Shelf and the price and buys it. He doesn't have the education about the weapon to make an educated decision on this purchase. That's the major difference between the Panic buying AR and they are really going to have a good parts to be a good solid weapon for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom