• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sell your AR you have been holding

If you just need a daily driver to get you to work every day with a 13 mile commute... it gets the job done just as well, and does so a lot cheaper...
If you dont need it for more than about 80k miles
If you dont need something that is semi luxurious
If you dont plan to have any accidents

etc, etc., etc.....

If you dont need it for more than about 80k miles
If you dont need something that is semi luxurious
If you dont plan to have any accidents

etc, etc., etc.....

And tens of millions fall into that category and it works just fine. The notion that if something is better, than anything lesser has no value or is not viable, is silly. Just stop...

Lots of people buy a Kia, put 150k miles on it and it works fine. If you would rather have the Merc, go for it. I tend to buy Ducati, Triumph and Aprilia over Suzuki, Yamaha and Honda. Thats just a personal preference. Doesn't mean that the Suzuki isn't a perfectly good bike.

And tens of millions fall into that category and it works just fine. The notion that if something is better, than anything lesser has no value or is not viable, is silly. Just stop...

Lots of people buy a Kia, put 150k miles on it and it works fine. If you would rather have the Merc, go for it. I tend to buy Ducati, Triumph and Aprilia over Suzuki, Yamaha and Honda. Thats just a personal preference. Doesn't mean that the Suzuki isn't a perfectly good bike.
I think you have me wrong....i never implied or meant to imply that the lesser brand wasnt ok. Yes it works to a degree and gets the job done but there is still a hierarchy in brands.
That is true with bikes, cars, and (gasp) rifles.
The OP in the initial post went to the mat saying that rifle ‘A’ was the same as rifle brand ‘B’. And that just isnt true in My op.

I think you have me wrong....i never implied or meant to imply that the lesser brand wasnt ok. Yes it works to a degree and gets the job done but there is still a hierarchy in brands.
That is true with bikes, cars, and (gasp) rifles.
The OP in the initial post went to the mat saying that rifle ‘A’ was the same as rifle brand ‘B’. And that just isnt true in My op.

In some instances, they CAN be "the same".

That's why I made the bike analogy... On a wide open road with no cops, sure, the 200hp rocket will be faster. On a tight twisty road? Nope. In fact, the guy on the superbike might be schooled by the old guy on the 70hp motard...

It's better, in those situations where it excels at. If you are not in those situations, what does it matter? It's like sitting in bumper to bumper commuter traffic with a Nissan Sentra versus a Lambo... Neither one is "faster" in that situation...

Most of us are just commuters, on public roads, with speed limits... Having 700hp might be cool, but it probably doesn't get you to the Publix any faster... LOL

The only thing on my psa that came from psa is the upper and lower receivers, and of course the fn barrel...…… but, that's only because I never ran out of tomato cages....

My particular rifle though, it's fairly accurate..... The one time I brought it to the Riverbend Hunter's rifle shoot, with only the magpul flip ups.... Greg and Digger, Mike and Mark can attest that I put them all in the black at 600 yards. But, as far as really working one or getting into some sort of scrape, I would most likely pick a different rifle....

Back
Top Bottom