• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling a building?

BEREZKA

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
68   0
Reaction score
The house I bought recently has a large (20x15) shed in the yard. It doesn't have a foundation and I would like to add one. I do not know if it would be cheaper/easier to sell the building, lay a foundation in and get a metal building OR if its better to Move it, add a foundation and put shed back on it.
I want the foundation so i can put a mill into the building at some point.

If i were to sell it, is there any city/state codes i need to take into account or can i just let someone trailer it off?

Ive rolled large sheds on logs before.
It’s pretty easy to jack the building up, lay logs underneath and roll it off to a cement pad.
Of course you’ll need a few buddies to swap logs as the building moves unless you’re insane like me and do it all yourself.
Can always call around to different crane companies and see if they can snatch your building and set it down on your new cement pad.

Nuther option is to leave your building there.
Let it be the lady cave and build you a new building on a cement pad in another spot.

Ive rolled large sheds on logs before.
It’s pretty easy to jack the building up, lay logs underneath and roll it off to a cement pad.
Of course you’ll need a few buddies to swap logs as the building moves unless you’re insane like me and do it all yourself.
Can always call around to different crane companies and see if they can snatch your building and set it down on your new cement pad.

Nuther option is to leave your building there.
Let it be the lady cave and build you a new building on a cement pad in another spot.

It has been easier to leash trian my cat than to get my millennial friends to help me. Not helping friends who will pay you is ****ty

Is your building currently sitting atop 2 (or 3) long 6”x6” wood logs/skids, where only those part of your building are touching the ground..
..where the actual floor that you stand on (when inside) is about 10 inches above the outside ground, and you have to step-up to enter ?

I think its just on cinder blocks

It has been easier to leash trian my cat than to get my millennial friends to help me. Not helping friends who will pay you is ****ty

Dang man.
Ive never taken money from a friend or family member for help.
Ive actually gone in debt many times to help out good friends and family.
People suck now days.

I think its just on cinder blocks

If the mill is the only concern,then just pour an equipment pad.
You should be able to support and undercut each post in order to pour a footing without removing the building.
You could then pour the slab. You would need to pump the concrete.

Back
Top Bottom