Selling my AR to just anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Lord

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Just some quick feedback. I've got a ChristensenArms CA-10 Recon for sale. I had a guy interested and he wanted to go this week. We established locations, etc. No problem so far.

My question would be opinions on selling and confirming to whom you are selling. I believe Georgia is an open sale, do as you please State, but I'm more interested in covering my own backside. Apparently asking if the buyer had a Carry Permit (for background check considerations-problem solved), Bill of Sale (love the idea of a paper trail) or meeting at a local shop to transfer (again, disconnecting me from the ownership of the rifle) are considered bad form? My buyer ghosted on me and failed to reply. And I bumped the conversation in case the earlier post was missed....

Personally, I'm not going to do the "here's the cash, here's the gun", like it's a freaking drug deal. I understand some people shy away from the registering and such and that's fine with me. Is that the normal thing to expect as I try to sell my weapon here? Is everyone going to react in the same fashion? Just wanting to know if I just need to pull the ad down.

#1 a thug isn't going to pay what that precision tool is worth. #2 if they're legal them they won't have a problem meeting at a "highly" secure place like a police station.

its all up to opinion. you are 100% within your rights to request any or all of those, but buyers are 100% in their right to choose to buy from someone who doesnt require them. most on here wont mind a flash of a carry permit (i tend to do it on most meets even when not requested) but alot of folks dont like the idea of giving away their info on a bill of sale. do whatever you feel most comfortable with but do understand you may be limiting your buyer potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom