• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling my AR to just anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T
"All persons who transfer firearms, regardless of whether they are engaged in the business of dealing in firearms, must ensure that any transfers are in compliance with federal, state and local laws."

That means you aren't 'free' to sell & transfer the rifle to a prohibited person or out of State resident. You need to make some reasonable effort. I voluntarily flash my GWL (and most buyers do the same out of courtesy) and if they don't have one I ask if they have a GA DL or are a resident of GA and not a 'prohibited person'. If don't have a DL or DO NOT ask me, "What's a prohibited person?" (convict knows damned well what a prohibited person is) the Spidey sense starts tingling.

I never ask for a BOS but I'm good to fill out a simple BOS, no addresses, etc.

Mostly I'm happy to meet but only in daylight so my overwatch with the Rem 700 Sendero can see what's going on while the drone operator videos everything.
i roll with a battle buddy sitting passenger rocking the PDW and a low Vis carrier sometimes on dem special dealz

OP decide if you want to sell it to an individual. Make an agreement as suggested using terms that suit you (and the buyer) there is nothing wrong or sketchy about meeting someone , they give you cash you give them the rifle.
Its simply a transaction.

Your selling a high dollar rifle with a limited # of buyers (not because these folks cannot afford it but the higher you go the more selective taste become).

T

i roll with a battle buddy sitting passenger rocking the PDW and a low Vis carrier sometimes on dem special dealz

Thx JDS556762. Exactly my point and appreciate you're input.

Alot of folks on here seem to have alot of time to just try and bust peoples chops and start ****. And these are the same guys I'm trying to sell my rifle too......I think not. You've helped me make my decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom