• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling my suppressor

Yeah y of can. But if you Sell out of state it’s 2 stamps snd 2 waits. You almost have to give it away to make it worth while. Cause why would I pay you a bunch and then wait a long time when I could e file and buy a new one?

I believe you have to pay another 200 to transfer it to a class 3 then the person buying pays their own 200.

The finances just dont work out for what is essentially a 500-700 dollar item
This is only true if out of state, in state sale is a single $200 tax and single form 4

Please explain to the uneducated: ME
If interstate it’s 2 stamps and 2 waits

I have to trust the seller to hold the can while the form clears

New cans aren’t crazy expensive anyway, not worth saving $100 on used. Almost free? Yeah I’d take the risk. Otherwise I’ll go to Ga firing line, e file, and be done.

It’s only worth selling to a person in state, if you sell out of state or to a in state dealer I order to get to an individual it would take 2 stamps.
In order to sell to an individual in same state must be priced well because it used. Used suppressors are sold as samples at dealers, they sell very discounted. You would have to sell cheaper than a dealer would sell a sample suppressor. A person would buy a used suppressor a dealer before an individual if they have history with dealer plus it should help transfer go faster from stand point paper work is looked at by a professional before being sent to ATF.
You can sell it but be prepared to sell discounted. With that said say not worth it and people just hold on to them.

Back
Top Bottom