• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling on Gunbrokers?

I have bought dozens off GB, just never sold there!
same same. I need to talk to my ffl and see what it costs to mail something to another ffl. I don't wanna do the individual to ffl deal...my post office is dumb AF. last time i mailed an action to douglas to have a barrel spun up...it was a **** show. they mailed it...but only after the manager looked up the code in the post office manual(or wtf ever it is.) rather the gun store take a lil $$ and make it smooth.

Reactions: GFB
I sent a shotgun off for service. In the instructions they said to remove the barrels from the receiver before packing. The idea was heavy stuff could be stacked on your box and the subsequent bending could crack the stock if the whole gun was four feet long or longer as the box bent or sagged in the center from the weight above. You might want to break that rifle down as much as possible to ship...just a thought...

Due to GB's new software I highly recommend paying them the extra 5$ for better listing exposure. Your item will show up much better when customers use their search engine. It will increase your item visibility which translates to more bids.. Without it some items seem to vanish with little to no exposure. I can say from recent experience.

I sold one gun, and bought one other gun, from Gunbroker, but not recently.
This was about 10 and 8 years ago.
I'm about to do it again-- sell a .22 handgun there, so that I can tap into an audience of gun collectors who might want it as a collector's item, not just as a shooter or carry gun.
I'll report back here and tell y'all what the process is like these days.
I predict that I'll need to update my credit card info and address at least, if not create a whole new account.

The GunBroker platform/system is very good, I have gotten burnt a couple times by the seller though, not GBs fault or failure. View them as the auctioneer in the middle of the deal.

Bear in mind that the buyer pays for shipping, check random deals on GB to see what shipping runs, average for a long gun is $30-40, little more for a handgun because it has to go via UPS or FedEx. Some sellers jack up the shipping costs to add to their profit, and it is exempt from the fee that GB charges. I avoid those sellers like the plague.

I have bought probably 2 dozen guns over GB.

Shipping longuns is easy, just just box it up and take it to the post office. Or you can weigh measure and print from home.

Shipping is gonna depend on where the buyer is located. There's an option when listing that the buyer pays actual shipping cost. That's usually what I choose then talk to the buyer after the auction and see if they prefer USPS, UPS, or FedEx and if they want insurance, or overnight.
Let them choose how they want it shipped then charge whatever it cost.

I have read a lot about it, they charge 6% of the first $250, the 3.5% for anything over 250, so let’s say and item sells for 500 it would roughly cost in fees 28 bucks. I have said item listed now and will see how it goes and give feedback at the end of the 7 day auction.

thanks for all the advice and recommendations

I have read a lot about it, they charge 6% of the first $250, the 3.5% for anything over 250, so let’s say and item sells for 500 it would roughly cost in fees 28 bucks. I have said item listed now and will see how it goes and give feedback at the end of the 7 day auction.

thanks for all the advice and recommendations

Definitely sell the higher dollar/collectible stuff on Gunbroker. It’s worth the fee. Ship your long guns USPS. Sometimes you have to train your local post office. I had to train my little post office years ago. I brought in copies of the gun shipping regs to show them every time I went there. After a couple of times they realized I knew the rules better than they did. Oh, keeping mind that you should not ship a gun without “declaring” it to them, otherwise you’re breaking a federal law. Also you cannot ship a pistol by USPS. It’s that “you might have to go see a federal judge thing”, which I try to avoid.

So I’ve bought/sold maybe 500 times on Gunbroker. Mostly I’ve sold parts. But sold at least 30 rifles there. In fact yesterday I sold a Russian Krinkov for over $4,000. It was listed for about 2 months before it sold, but it was a fair price for what it was and after a bit I got my price. So now I gotta pay about a $160 fee. But I’d never get that in cash here on ODT. This place is for trading and selling the less expensive stuff, mostly, IMHO.

When buying or selling there, make sure you communicate clearly and promptly, as well as pay or ship when you say you will. That’s how you get the good feedback. Those are some good rules for here on ODT as well as in life, too.

my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom