• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling on Gunbrokers?

I’ve bought a lot on Gunbroker. Definitely get a better price there BUT . I just bought a gun on here recently for about $400 less than the Gunbroker prices. I waited about five months to get the deal . Just saying.

I personally think it a HUGE pita to sell one on there! Especially if you only do one every now and then. It is a hassle to find a box or buy a box, then pad it enough so it's not damaged in shipment, then take it to ups or wherever, fill out the paperwork, etc. Plus it's expensive. My last shipment was 70.00. Much prefer to buy there.

I've never sold through GB, but I have bought quite a few C&R guns there, and even a few that required a transfer.

You do have to watch shipping costs, since some sellers will try and jack that up. I generally figure that a new gun there will run me about $100 more than it would locally, when all is said and done.

But if you have something that's a niche item, it's really the only way to get a big enough audience to realize it's actual market value. Around here people will just offer $350 and tell you you're gouging if you want more.

I've never sold through GB, but I have bought quite a few C&R guns there, and even a few that required a transfer.

You do have to watch shipping costs, since some sellers will try and jack that up. I generally figure that a new gun there will run me about $100 more than it would locally, when all is said and done.

But if you have something that's a niche item, it's really the only way to get a big enough audience to realize it's actual market value. Around here people will just offer $350 and tell you you're gouging if you want more.

Also watch that dealers now collect sales tax. Individuals do not .

Depends on the dealer. If they haven't done $100,000 in business with GA residents, they don't have to. No one has charged me sales tax on a GB purchase yet, but these are typically Mom & Pop places.

Could be. I don’t know how it works. Just see it in the information listing , so I figuired they did. I’ve never bought from a dealer Strictly with individuals.

The listing almost always has what states they collect tax for. For an FFL it's usually just their home state.

Never done an individual transfer through GB though. In theory they would be responsible for collecting sales tax for their home state, but I don't think that would ever happen.

Never done an individual transfer through GB though. In theory they would be responsible for collecting sales tax for their home state, but I don't think that would ever happen.

No sales taxes on casual sales between individuals in Georgia, except for automobiles, and that's recent after the used car dealers bought enough legislators.

Back
Top Bottom