Selling SBR and suppressor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unitedfpt

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
63   0
Reaction score
Maybe I missed an old post but can someone school me on how I can sell my sbr and suppressor? I have a factory daniel defense mk18 and an AAC sdn6. Not sure there is even a market for it given the popularity of pistols now but am curious as to how you would even go about it.

Others with more knowledge will chime in shortly, I’m sure, but each device (SBR and suppressor) are going to require their own stamp. And you are right: it might be a tough sale on a number of levels. Is the gun on a form 1 or 4?

Others with more knowledge will chime in shortly, I’m sure, but each device (SBR and suppressor) are going to require their own stamp. And you are right: it might be a tough sale on a number of levels. Is the gun on a form 1 or 4?

If its a factory SBR it'll be on a Form 4. Only difference that would make is whether or not it has the trust engraved on it. At this point though it would be going on a Form 4.

I already have a SDN-6 but how much you want for the MK18? I wouldnt mind having a Mod 1 to go with my Mod 0.

Just post it for sale here on the forums. I don't agree about having to sell well below "new" pricing. Though you have to think about what the market value of your particular devices is. Is it rare? Can one be purchased new easily? Your best bet will be to sell it to a GA resident. That will mean only (1) $200 per device. If you sell it to an out of state resident you will need to transfer the devices to a dealer first (Form 4, $200 each) and then the dealer will transfer it to the out of state buyer (another Form 4, $200 each). That second transfer tax will greatly diminish the number of interested buyers.

Post it here for sale. It is hard to sell used suppressors as stated unless there is a serious discount. Used SBR's and suppressors are hard to sell out of state due to 2 taxes involved. For an out of state buyer on the SBR it is easier to remove the upper, remove the gun from the registry then form 1 the gun. It saves $200 and some of the wait.

Thanks for everyone's responses. Thats what I was thinking. Yeah it is factory. Not engraved. This thing has been a work horse since I got it in 2011. Its had thousands of rounds down the pipe. Just with the pistol market getting so big I don't really see a point in having a sbr anymore. Same with the suppressor to an extent. It's cool and all, but I don't shoot suppressed nearly enough.

I would hold onto them.

You really are going to take a bath on the rifle, and what if the next mass shooting is a guy using a brace? Those are on just as flimsy legal ground as bump stocks and binary triggers. And why even sell the can? You can always use it on something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom