• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling SBR and suppressor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hold onto them.

You really are going to take a bath on the rifle, and what if the next mass shooting is a guy using a brace? Those are on just as flimsy legal ground as bump stocks and binary triggers. And why even sell the can? You can always use it on something else.

This. They are already yours with stamps paid and registered. People are getting frustrated with the transfer process with is killing sales on suppressors. The with pistol braces, hardly anyone is going the SBR route. The only plus to the SBR is having a vert grip vs an afg, and needing permission to cross state lines, and the stamp, of course. Id just hold on to it. Grab you a pistol lower and throw the DD upper on it if you have a need for a such thing. I wanted a MK18 for a long time. The SBR I could get new locally for 1350, the only pistol they wanted 1800 for. Said screw it and bought a BCM pistol and feel I have just a good weapon.

I've bought and sold NFA weapons from private persons, also residents of Georgia.
It's pretty simple. Make the deal, buyer pays, seller and buyer complete the Form 4 to get ATF's approval to transfer, buyer pays the costs and pays for the $200 tax stamp (per item, as others have said the silencer and the SBR each have their own Form 4, their own $200 NFA stamp).
Seller holds the items until ATF returns approved form.
Then when that duplicate original comes back approved with that cancelled stamp up in the corner, make copies of it, and deliver the guns / cans to the buyer.

That’s what we did.

Sold your trust?
So.... that means ATF doesn't know anything about it? You kept the sale of your trust private, since it's still "the trust" that owns the guns (in your mind), not you, and it never was you, so there's no "transfer" of ownership at all. Just a new trustee. One that ATF never heard of and hasn't seen any photos of or background check report on.

Yeah, I wouldn't touch that with a ten-foot (one foot for each year in federal prison) pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom