• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling to a 19 year old

Legally, you can sell the gun to this 19 year old provided you are sure he's 19 - but of course the issue here is not *can* you, but *should* you.

I think that if you're prepared to take the time to go with him to try the gun out, you both get something out of the meeting - he gets to see if the gun is for him, and you get to check that he's not a danger to himself or others thru' negligence or stupidity.

Beyond that, it's down to whether you look at the situation and feel comfortable about the kid's morals and motives. If you feel OK about the sale, OK. If not, decline to sell it to him. Ultimately, you have to be able to sleep at night once the transaction is done.

We can't easily give you advice on whether you'll feel OK or not - only you can make that call.

Just sell him the dang pistol. I had 2 9mms and a. 22lr mp5 clone in the trunk of my old 97 mustang when I was 18. Nobody died, Nobody got shot, and nobody knew. The only struggle was getting ammo, but I always had a friend or 2 that would go halfies. All the people you guys are scared to sell too can get a Highpoint or 2 down the street from the local dealer. The man is an adult and will be tried like one in a court of law. Sell him a bazooka, who cares?

Please don't overthink this matter.

He's 19, it's legal to sell him the gun, most of the people on this forum are advocates of the free exercise if 2nd Amendment rights. Not selling him a gun simply because of his age perpetuates the stereotype that the object itself is especially dangerous.

You would sell him a car or motorcycle in a heartbeat, and statistically, he is about 10,000 time more likely to kill himself or someone else with a vehicle than with a gun.

I wouldn’t do it. He is a good kid till he shows off that gun to a friend and accidentally shoots him in the gut. Then when the police show up, your rear end is going to be in a sling. We all know that just because it’s legal, doesn’t mean a government agency won’t find a way to mess up your day. He is 19- if he really wanted a gun he could find another avenue. Your “good friend” I’m sure told their little cousin : you need a gun and can’t get one at the store, no problem I know a guy. Don’t get wrapped up in someone else’s B.S.
Wasn't there a guy doing a meet in Newnan and accidently shot his buddy in the gut a few years ago? If memory serves me right the guy was in his 40s or 50s. Moral of this story their is just as many dip**** older adults as there are younger adults, if not more because they go off the basis of thinking "I'm older so I know better".

Back
Top Bottom