• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling/trading firearms privately in Georgia... legal requirements.

Farmer, you asked a question about the law on ODT, so you're going to get a bunch of jackwagons coming in here and giving their uninformed ignorant opinions. Mostly based on feelings and political positions, but without any regard to what the law itself is.

Is it a struggle to be that arrogant, or does it come naturally?

I used to use the ATF P2P paperwork when I first started trading on here. But after awhile I started to realize that everyone I was meeting was just a bunch of gun nerd retards like myself and posed pretty much no threat to society so I stopped doing it.

When I bought my first open bolt Mac-10 on here, which I got for a extremely good deal, the dude took a picture of his DL next to mine, I didn't even really think about it till later.. That still bothers me to this date as to why I allowed that.

But I always fill out a BOS if the seller wants me to, I don't see the big deal in it if it makes them feel better. I don't take my meet ups on the ODT as a chance to educate the less informed on GA's P2P transfer laws, not worth the hassle, just trade and move on

Does buying or transferring a Firearm at a FFL clear the gun as "clean" and ya know..Not stolen?

(Yes..I already know the answer but I'm curious to see some answers)
I believe so with a transfer. I know that most pawn shops have a grace period with firearms they get second hand usually like 10 days before they sell it to insure it is not a stolen gun. Thats what I've been told at least

Does buying or transferring a Firearm at a FFL clear the gun as "clean" and ya know..Not stolen?

(Yes..I already know the answer but I'm curious to see some answers)
No.

If you want to require a B.O.S. NAME,D.L.#,ADDRESS AND SO FORTH...to sell a gun...maybe you should pay the fee of having a F.F.L.....
op this is not directed at you or anybody in particular...just my humble opinion
^^^^^This^^^^^
You want my personal info? Go to BATFE and fill out your license application, get a B&M store, pay your fees. Then I give you my data when I buy a gun from you. Until then? Junior G-man FFL wannabe? GFY.

No.

^^^^^This^^^^^
You want my personal info? Go to BATFE and fill out your license application, get a B&M store, pay your fees. Then I give you my data when I buy a gun from you. Until then? Junior G-man FFL wannabe? GFY.
You said that much BETTER than I ever could...lol

Would you get a BOS if you sold a hammer?... Ok then.
Seriously... USE AN FFL. Heck there are free ones around. Or.... Sell your PRIVATE property the way the law allows. Those requiring a useless BOS better not complain when Universal background checks are the law of the land. Complain? What am I thinking, you'll probably be celebrating. :doh:

Back
Top Bottom