• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling / Trading to new members

PandaDown

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
250   0
Reaction score
There are a ton of new members on this site now. A lot of them with zero or negative ratings. On all items that I've been posting, I have been requesting a carry permit with them upon purchasing or trading.

Am I being too strict or picky asking for a carry permit? How are you guys handling your trades and sales on here with new members with zero ratings?

I guess I'm just paranoid and really do not want a visit from my local ATF agent.

There are a ton of new members on this site now. A lot of them with zero or negative ratings. On all items that I've been posting, I have been requesting a carry permit with them upon purchasing or trading.

Am I being too strict or picky asking for a carry permit? How are you guys handling your trades and sales on here with new members with zero ratings?

I guess I'm just paranoid and really do not want a visit from my local ATF agent.
A BATF agent with a carry permit is still a BATF agent. Don’t do anything illegal and you’ll be fine.

Besides, you can fake a weapon’s license as easy as you can a driver’s license. If you’re that concerned do the transfer through an FFL and pay the small fee.

It's your stuff. Trade however you see fit. If the deal smells then don't do it for sure. Negs weigh much more on my response than does a new user with low ratings - I was that guy once. I haven't been the guy with a neg yet..

if you deal with them, just have the meet no more than 5mins from your house/work so if/when they dont show you didnt waste to much gas/time. thats what i do to everyone with 0 0 0 or close to it.

way i look at it is we all been 0 0 0 newbies at one point. gotta give them at least one chance for them to earn a rating.

Back
Top Bottom