• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling / Trading to new members

There are a ton of new members on this site now. A lot of them with zero or negative ratings. On all items that I've been posting, I have been requesting a carry permit with them upon purchasing or trading.
Am I being too strict or picky asking for a carry permit? How are you guys handling your trades and sales on here with new members with zero ratings?
I guess I'm just paranoid and really do not want a visit from my local ATF agent.

@crippen
stool sample.jpg
:pound:

Personally, here lately, I've stated in my post that established members with excellent feedback will be given priority on the sale item. I hate to be like that, I once was new here, but there has been a FLOOD of shady newbies on ODT here lately. I simply don't have the time/desire to try to separate the good from the bad.

Personally, here lately, I've stated in my post that established members with excellent feedback will be given priority on the sale item. I hate to be like that, I once was new here, but there has been a FLOOD of shady newbies on ODT here lately. I simply don't have the time/desire to try to separate the good from the bad.

Is my money still good with you? :boink: :)

Georgia law doesn't require a carry permit to buy/sale firearms between 2 Georgians. If you require it that's your choice, me being me I usually skip over those ads.

New people deserve a chance I guess, but its getting annoying being kind to them and giving them information about ODT.

Like it has been said here many times, everyone was new at one point. I take a chance with new guys all the time. I recently sold an upper to a new guy out west that is a member here and it went super smooth. His account got banned because it was suspicious. Mods had to verify with me that he actually got something from me. All good now. Asking for some sort of ID is not to much to ask. Especially if selling a firearm. It is law that you can only sell a firearm privately face to face between two Georgia residents. Sure ID can be faked and I'm not an expert on fake IDs but I like the peace of mind that I can honestly say I verified residency the best I could in the event I was ever questioned about it.

Georgia law doesn't require a carry permit to buy/sale firearms between 2 Georgians. If you require it that's your choice, me being me I usually skip over those ads.

New people deserve a chance I guess, but its getting annoying being kind to them and giving them information about ODT.
Georgia law doesn't require that you have a carry permit to buy from a dealer either. Neither does federal law.

Great idea. ask for GWCL and be sure not to sell them any magazines that are "high capacity". you don't want to get in trouble, so if you want to impose your own limits on the right of others to buy and own firearms, you are doing it to make yourself safer. I wouldn't sell a new person any high cap magazines. I'd probably limit transactions to revolvers and bolt actions just to be safe. I wouldn't sell any new people any ammunition either since they could use that to shoot someone. I'd probably add magnified optic's to my banned list since that might make the new person more accurate than they would be on their own. I don't want to take any chances and want to protect myself. so if anyone ever asks me later about a transaction, I can tell them all the ways I had tried to limit my exposure by taking sensible precautions when I made a transaction.

Back
Top Bottom