• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling / Trading to new members

I'm new here, in fact I would still consider myself new to Georgia (as of mid 2017). In fact I have met with a few responding here. I can't say that I have had any bad meetups and I hope to meet up with many more of you in the future. Give us new guys a chance and go off the fool me once, shame on you mentality.

Call me old-fashioned but if I give you my word and I realize after the fact I am in the red on the deal, that is my fault for not researching beforehand. My word is my bond and I will still make good on the deal.

Can't say much about handshake agreements at the moment but after all this crap passes, I will be right back at it.

Does asking to see a ccl discourage shady traders from responding to your ad? Serious question....
Why would it? Plenty of shady characters have carry permits. They just never got caught at anything serious enough to flag their application for a carry license.

It's a GWCL, a Georgia Weapons Carry License. As long as you make it clear in your ad that it's a requirement I don't have a problem flashing it.
Want to make a copy or write down my personal info?

tenor (10).gif

You know, we were all "Newbies" at one time here on ODT. Somebody gave us a chance or took a chance on us didn't they? Well, give the "Newbies" a chance. Set your own parameters and if they don't adhere to them don't deal with them. I have dealt with a few "Newbies" and have nothing but positive results. Most of them are good people and just don't know how the ODT system works. JMHO.

I've been on since 2013. Bought and sold 10 times or so. Never thought to get rating. I'm not a pro trader. But my location stops most of my buys (SW GA, Albany). But my feelings are scammers are everywhere. I just use my best judgement and hadn't been robbed yet. I appreciate this place.

Back
Top Bottom