• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Semi auto belt fed rifles ? Sweet or stupid?

Semi auto belt fed rifles . Yay or Ghey?

• Yay! I can actually own a Bren gun or a Mg42 without paying $20,000+

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Ghey! What kind of loser buys a semi belt fed ?

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Depends on price and how bad I want that platform

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Tacos

Votes: 11 26.8%

• Total voters
A neat - cool item to have,shoot and talk about but ultimately pointless. I have a few pointless guns.
I have a lot of pointless guns. Like the desert eagle. Utterly pointless . I have 4 of them. They each have a story. Some of my guns are for work, some are for collecting and some are just for flat out fun. Like my vz61 skorpion. Id never use it in ANY real world situation. Theres nothing wrong with it but to me it serves no purpose. I just want one because its fun and it amuses me.

These belt feds allow me to shoot even if my body says "no jerk go home" . The FN FS2000 allows me to have that little extra something in the car. The FN five seven allows me 21 rounds of firepower in a pistol that weighs less than an empty glock 19. The Galil I just bought serves absolutely no purpose other than my own personal amusement. Life is short so have fun.

View attachment 1381772 View attachment 1381771
For 10 grand you can get a new M2 fifty caliber semi-auto “rifle.”
Or maybe it’s just a “firearm” because it never had a shoulder stock.
Oh trust me I looked at these. I know where one is for 8K. I can afford .50BMG but I aint doing it. I can never have fun with a round that costs that much. Thats a lot of lost 9mm IMO.

I have a lot of pointless guns. Like the desert eagle. Utterly pointless . I have 4 of them. They each have a story. Some of my guns are for work, some are for collecting and some are just for flat out fun. Like my vz61 skorpion. Id never use it in ANY real world situation. Theres nothing wrong with it but to me it serves no purpose. I just want one because its fun and it amuses me.

These belt feds allow me to shoot even if my body says "no jerk go home" . The FN FS2000 allows me to have that little extra something in the car. The FN five seven allows me 21 rounds of firepower in a pistol that weighs less than an empty glock 19. The Galil I just bought serves absolutely no purpose other than my own personal amusement. Life is short so have fun.

My son has a FN five seven. It is fun to shoot, but it is a real flame thrower, hell of a muzzle blast.

View attachment 1381772 View attachment 1381771
For 10 grand you can get a new M2 fifty caliber semi-auto “rifle.”
Or maybe it’s just a “firearm” because it never had a shoulder stock.

10 Gs will buy a lot of "other" Guns + ammo. I could have one of these or another safe full if stuff that are a bit easier to use. Different priorities for different people. Ive been wanting a few other items but, ive been unable to reason with myself why I need them. Some people will just be better prepared than me when the zombies come. Im at a point in my life/age where I can see why a truck is better than a sports car.

Didn't DSA have a semi auto belt fed RPD that was a 2200.00 + malfunction machine?? Saw some reviews on YouTube and dudes were having problems!

Too bad I was excited

Didn't DSA have a semi auto belt fed RPD that was a 2200.00 + malfunction machine?? Saw some reviews on YouTube and dudes were having problems!

Too bad I was excited
99% of the problems with the DSA RPD is the user and poor maintenance. It must be well lubricated . Mine ate a whole 1,000 round case of Tula in one range sitting . No problems.

10 Gs will buy a lot of "other" Guns + ammo. I could have one of these or another safe full if stuff that are a bit easier to use. Different priorities for different people. Ive been wanting a few other items but, ive been unable to reason with myself why I need them. Some people will just be better prepared than me when the zombies come. Im at a point in my life/age where I can see why a truck is better than a sports car.
True . Since I was blessed with a back injury the semi auto belt feds allow me to have fun at the range again. I love my PTR-91 and AK rifles but my back does not .

So ... I went this direction and so happy for it . I traded my sporty 3 for the old man 7 . I’m all about comfort and not utility these days .

Back
Top Bottom