• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Semi auto belt fed rifles ? Sweet or stupid?

Semi auto belt fed rifles . Yay or Ghey?

• Yay! I can actually own a Bren gun or a Mg42 without paying $20,000+

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Ghey! What kind of loser buys a semi belt fed ?

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Depends on price and how bad I want that platform

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Tacos

Votes: 11 26.8%

• Total voters
If you can afford it, and afford to feed it, and have a place to shoot it... go for it!!

I've had 4 different ones over the years. They are a lot of fun, but I think the last 2 are going to find a new home soon.

22LR razorback
SG43
M3 (50BMG)

If you can afford it, and afford to feed it, and have a place to shoot it... go for it!!

I've had 4 different ones over the years. They are a lot of fun, but I think the last 2 are going to find a new home soon.

22LR razorback
SG43
M3 (50BMG)

Oooh lets see the SG 43!! ...(and a price)

This is a subject that I’ve debated with a few people . Most people shut them down and automatically assume they are useless unless they are full auto. Which is kinda funny since all of them own AR and AK type rifles that are neurered too. Same thing.

For me it’s not about loss of full auto but owning the firearm I’m hunting. I’ve always wanted a Czech UK VZ59. I wanted the whole smash like on my poster :

View attachment 1379739

There are exactly ZERO vz59 transferable machine guns out there. So I only had two options :

1. Get a SOT and work the system so I can get what I want .

2. Spend $2,000+ dollars more on a semi version than what an SOT can get the full auto version for .

I had to bite the bullet and get the semi version. I figured they were lame at first... I’m not going to lie . Semi auto belt fed rifle just sounds lame . I had to have one so here it sits . Exactly the same as shown on poster. The optic took me the most time to get . It was tough.

View attachment 1379740
View attachment 1379748

View attachment 1379749
View attachment 1379747

Now thanks to tripods on shooting days when my body says no to shooting .... my brain says “get the tripod” . The RPD is still a hoot and is cheap to feed . I just added a m1919 . I had to take a crash course in American belt feds as they are nothing like comblock belt feds . That’s a discussion for another day:

View attachment 1379744

I’d like to hear others thoughts on semi auto belt fed rifles. You think they are stupid or just a way to get that platform no matter what the cost?

All I will say is when the SHTF (stuff hits the fan) I am on your side.:becky:

There is the gun, carriage, 6-8 belts and cans, correct belt loader and ~15k rounds with it. It's a lot of work just thinking about getting that all out for pics! lol Oh yeah... this is a Gunbuilds.com (Greg Clark) build, so it has the crank fire system on the side!

I'm sure I have some pics around here somewhere....

There is the gun, carriage, 6-8 belts and cans, correct belt loader and ~15k rounds with it. It's a lot of work just thinking about getting that all out for pics! lol Oh yeah... this is a Gunbuilds.com (Greg Clark) build, so it has the crank fire system on the side!

I'm sure I have some pics around here somewhere....
Sent you a PM . I’m very familiar with that model

Back
Top Bottom