nuttman

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
4   0
Reaction score
Can a Class 3 dealer machine a semi auto rifle and make it full auto
legally to sell ?.
I watched the "Sons of Guns", series and they made a semi to full auto
Thompson reproduction for the local Sheriff.
I thought this was illegal to do. Thanks for the info. and thanks for the
responses to my can question, I am a newb when it comes to
Class 3 weapons and NFA laws.

Sons of Guns= Redjacket..

Redjacket = Class II dealer = they can build whatever the $%#$%#$%#$%# they want...lol
LEO = they can own any class 3 items they want.

You= Civlian= you can own fully auto only if pre 1986 model

I foresee the show getting them in trouble with the ATF somehow. It seems like a lot of the things they make under their class II license are for personal use/collection. I'm sure the business can own them, but at what point does it cross the line into personal use even if it isn't for sale or transfer.

Following this logic, why couldn't everyone get class II manufacturing licenses, then make class III items and deem it "research and design" work. It'd be cheaper than what a lot of class III items cost.

I foresee the show getting them in trouble with the ATF somehow. It seems like a lot of the things they make under their class II license are for personal use/collection. I'm sure the business can own them, but at what point does it cross the line into personal use even if it isn't for sale or transfer.

Following this logic, why couldn't everyone get class II manufacturing licenses, then make class III items
and deem it "research and design" work. It'd be cheaper than what a lot of class III items cost.

Because it's costs quite alot of money for the SOT and FFL licenses, and there are criteria the ATF has in place so not just anyone can get a license.

So if I became a Class III dealer, I could get a Class II manufacturer to make me whatever I wanted for dealer demo (assuming I file all the necessary paperwork)?

Could I then sell this weapon to another Class III dealer for demo use?

from what i understand IF you were a class 3 dealer you could buy full auto for dealer demo BUT

class 3 dealer license = lots of money and lots of hoops to jump through with the ATF

then youd still have to buy the full auto from the manufacturer which still isnt cheap, and then if anything happened to your class 3 license you wouldnt be able to keep the stuff without going through all the paperwork youd have to go through anyways.

Back
Top Bottom