• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Senators Ginn, Staton Kill SB 101 with help from Lt. Gov Cagle

From a thread on GeorgiaPacking.org. Kelly Kennett who is the President of GeorgiaCarry.org

Ladies and Gentlemen,

There is a conference committee meeting at 2:00 pm today. Whether and who out of the three Senate conferees will show up is an open question at this moment. At the present time, I believe that this bill is still very strong, with campus carry in place, and potential for improvement in the other areas. Nothing, of course, is written in stone at this moment. The Representatives from the House are to be thanked profusely for their steadfastness here.

Now, here is what I encourage you to do right now (there will be more later): Please call the offices of Senators Ginn, Staton, and Loudermilk, and ask them to sign the conference committee report and get us an up or down vote on this bill. If you can, go to the Capitol and leave notes and talk with whomever you can, always politely, asking them to get this done. Lastly, please contact Lt. Governor Cagle and ask for the same thing, i.e., for the Senate to agree attend the meeting and agree to the conference report.

Tell all those you know who care about this bill.

Thank you,

Kelly Kennett

I'm hoping and praying there is a silent majority of ODTers out there making calls and emailing legislators trying to advance our cause. It would be nice to advance our gun rights this year.

The silence in here is deafening.

I'm hoping and praying there is a silent majority of ODTers out there making calls and emailing legislators trying to advance our cause. It would be nice to advance our gun rights this year.

The silence in here is deafening.

Sorry I didn't reply to the thread. I contacted the posted committee list but didn't hear anything. I was going to call again tomorrow as I have time during the workday.

The most important part of the bill (IMO) was the repealing the "Gun-Free Victim Zones". The argument to prevent a striving, intelligent 21 year old with a carry permit from actually carrying on campus due to "perceived safety concerns" is the same argument that the liberals attempted to use to prevent carry laws that most States enjoy currently.

How many college students had to have their carry permits revoked in Georgia? Or better yet how many permits had to be revoked total out of how many total issued?

Few speak of this. Perception is not the truth. The administration claimed victory at Virginia Tech in 2005 and 2006 with their gun ban on campus. It was shattered in 2007 with the worst shooting in U.S. history.

Currently who do we need to put pressure on to do the right thing?

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't reply to the thread. I contacted the posted committee list but didn't hear anything. I was going to call again tomorrow as I have time during the workday.

The most important part of the bill (IMO) was the repealing the "Gun-Free Victim Zones". The argument to prevent a striving, intelligent 21 year old with a carry permit from actually carrying on campus due to "perceived safety concerns" is the same argument that the liberals attempted to use to prevent carry laws that most States enjoy currently.

How many college students had to have their carry permits revoked in Georgia? Or better yet how many permits had to be revoked total out of how many total issued?

Few speak of this. Perception is not the truth. The administration claimed victory at Virginia Tech in 2005 and 2006 with their gun ban on campus. It was shattered in 2007 with the worst shooting in U.S. history.

Currently who do we need to put pressure on to do the right thing?

Governor....he has the last word.

I've got tentative word that the committee is in legislative counsel. That means they have reached an agreement and are dealing with language. Guys pray.

Back
Top Bottom